Monday, September 16, 2013

No longer the Queen!

Heehee...I'm no longer the Queen of Procrastination! Bet that came as a shock to you, didn't it?!!! Well after my last post when I wrote that I was the Queen of Procrastination, I decided that it was nothing to be proud of,  and decided to do something about it....like actually finishing something off. So before I did anything else, I finished off my stitching into the bookmark! Shock! Horror!!!  I did it.....and it looks great...


...and it wasn't too difficult or time consuming either. So the title of Queen of Procrastination is up for grabs....any takers?

A few weeks ago I had a email from Nia double checking my address (she was the winner of my chart giveaway) and I assumed that she was just going to send a little thank-you note. But look what arrived...


The instructions were to remove the ribbon to reveal the secret message...




How adorable is that?!! And to make it even better...Nia made it herself! What a very talented lady! Thank you so much Nia...I love it. You can check out the very talented Nia's blog here.

I hate that it's the end of summer, the only good thing about the fact that it's getting dark earlier and earlier is that we can get more stitching done. Here's  a project that's next in my to-do pile...

World Of Cross Stitching Issue 207
Immediate Media co.

...yes, I'm going to be stitching one (or more) of my own designs!  And since I'm no longer the Queen of Procrastination I might even have them finished for Halloween!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona


10 comments:

CathieJ said...

I love your bookmark! So cute.

cucki said...

I love your bookmark so much x

Mii Stitch said...

Congrats on finishing off the bookmark, it really looks pretty :) Have fun with the Halloween themed designs, they should be quick :)

Steph said...

You have been a busy bee :) Your bookmark is fab and the little bobbin is a wonderful little gift :) I love your designs, they are in my to stitch list and I hope to get round to them all when I've finished my pile of WIP's :) xxx

Wendy said...

I would like to apply for the position of Queen of Procrastination. I actually think I'm better at it than you were, I started this year with 67 WIPS and I'm pretty sure I have more than that now...

Love the Cooos.

♥ Nia said...

Congrats on finishing your bookmark! Looks so cute =)
I will have to pass this chance, right now.. I have only baby stitching on my mind ;) ehehehe

I'm so happy to see that you enjoyed my little thank you note =) hehehe I know, the tradition is to send a card ;) hehehehe I thought this would bring you a smile :D

Here it's still Summer, the days are very hot. But we do feel the nights coming sooner and colder.. Autumn will arrive soon..

Such fun designs for halloween! Those patterns look so cute and fun :)

butterfly said...

Love your book mark, and great gift from Nia hugs.

Pull the other thread said...

Love your finished bookmark, it looks great. Such a sweet thank you note from Nia. I love the Halloween patterns, looking forward to seeing how you get on with them.

Carol said...

Lovely bookmark and the Halloween patterns look wonderful! What a cute gift from that sweet Nia :)

Anne said...

Great new patterns Rhona! Super cute little owl I see. So sweet of Nia to send you a little ribbon. I've always wanted to send a little something out to those I win from but just ended sending a card. This is way more inventive!