Monday, September 2, 2013

Upcycling....

.....or recycling....or trash to treasure....or whatever the correct term is! Basically, I broke a necklace and was about to throw it in the bin (after hunting down all the tiny beads that scattered for miles!) when it dawned on me that it would make a rather nice scissor-keep! So with a few snips of the scissors, this is what I ended up with...


And the little clasp on the necklace is perfect for attaching to the scissors...



No more lost scissors...I hope! 

One of my all-time favourite design commissions was published in this month's (or maybe last month, depending on where you are in the world and how efficient the postal service is!! lol) World Of Cross Stitching magazine.....


Here's a close up of the actual stitching, with thanks to Pippa (AKA Cross Stitch Gal) who did the stitching and who emailed me the pictures.




I loved designing this and was delighted to see how beautifully it stitched up. Not sure how delighted Pippa was with having to do so many French knots with metallic threads, but I think it's safe to say that it was worth the effort!

Also in the same issue of World of Cross Stitching was my Music Design Library...


World of Cross Stitching Issue 206
Immediate Media Company

...no french knots in metallics for these designs!

And now I'm of to get some more stitching done on my Highland cow....now that I know I'll not lose my scissors! :)

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

9 comments:

stitchersanon said...

I love upcycling: the scissor fob is perfect. Love the elephant too...def. worth the effort!

Mouse said...

love that ellieflump the colours really pop ... have got the chart and on time this month too ...lol love mouse xxxxx

Anonymous said...

very pretty

butterfly said...

Lovely scissor fob .
I saw your design in the WOCS beautiful .

cucki said...

aww cute scissor fob..and ellie is so pretty..
sending you hugs x

Mii Stitch said...

I saw your design in the mag, very pretty indeed!

♥ Nia said...

I saw you on Craft Seeller too! :D
I got an issue as a gift from a friend, it made me smile when I reading the mag and saw your feature there! :D
hugs&smiles

Helen Philipps said...

Hello Rhona I love the beaded scissor keep idea, it looks so pretty and is practical too! The cross stitch elephant is a lovely rich design and the metallic French knots were sooo worth it! Have just been catching up on your blog, and enjoyed seeing your pictures of Scotland!
Wishing you a happy weekend.
Helen x

Stitching Noni said...

What a great idea for reusing those lovely beads!
I love your elephant... will keep an eye out for the mag :o)