Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Coffee and cuddles....

...is finally finished! Although I love the design, I'm so glad to be finished it. It feels like I have done more unpicking that anything else on this piece. It's all my own fault though...I'm so fussy about colours that when it's not exactly what I want I have come to the realization that it's better (and quicker) to unpick it and re-stitch it in the right colours...otherwise it ends up as a UFO. Anyhoo, after all my unpicking to get the colours just the way I wanted them, I then went and did a really stupid thing....I blame it on watching the telly while stitching! After finishing all the cross stitch, I just grabbed some black thread that was in my stitching tin and started working on the back stitch without really paying too much attention. Next day when I looked at the poor finished kitty, it looked horrible! Luckily, I had only back stitched  one of the kitties and mugs, so I didn't have too much to unpick. A dark grey thread looked so much better and I finished of all those cute kitties quite quickly....which was lucky as I was beginning to get fed-up of the design! So, here it is in all it's unpicked and re-stitched glory....


Each kitty is so cute and seems to have it's own personality...





I just have to find a suitable frame and then that's the first of the Christmas gifts done! Yay me! :)

I decided to have a break from the stitching in the hopes that the frogs would find somewhere else more interesting to live....any takers?

 Here's the lovely colours of my next project...



...yup, I'm going to tackle another crochet afghan....wish me luck!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

15 comments:

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Oh my
I absolutely love this project.
It is fantastic.
I adore little cats. Colors are so brilliant.
Ciao Giovanna

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching :-D it looks lovery

Fiona said...

Lovely stitching Rhona, I love your colour choices so the unpicking must have been worth it in the end!! Looking forward to seeing your afghan grow :) xx

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finish Rhona. Love the yarn colors.

Linda

Blu said...

The cats are just adorable! I like the colours for your afghan.

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching...it's looking so lovely xxx

Unknown said...

Oh I love the cats, they look so cute. Congratulations on a finish :) xx

Katie said...

Too cute! Congrats on the finish. Even though it gave you problems it sure looks worth it. Beautiful.

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations on an adorable finish--love those little kitties!! And, very nice colors you have chosen for the afghan!

Pull the other thread said...

Fantastic finish, so glad you stuck with it as it's super cute. Love the colours for your new project.

Unknown said...

Nice colors for the next project! ;)
The MS cats are so cute!
:D
XOXO, Isa.

♥ Nia said...

I'm a fan of this design and I really love your color changes! Looks fantastic :D congrats on your finish!!!

Faith... said...

Love the color for your next project - those are my favorites!

The kitties look great :)

Shebafudge said...

Hi Rhona! Those kitties are so adorable! Love how they turned out. I love the colours in your crochet project. I can't wait to see what you are making. (I'm so far behind that you probably have it finished by now...lol)

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Is this Margaret Sherry? I have Cataflute and adore it:) Great finishes!