Monday, March 30, 2015

Cute card finishes

I've had a stinker of a cold this past week.....but I can't complain - life could be worse! 

I couldn't concentrate on Twilight fairy and kept making silly mistakes so decided to put her aside till my head didn't feel like it was filled with cotton wool! I hate sitting in the evening without doing anything, it seems like such a waste of time....anybody else feel like that? So I looked out some of the free kits that come with the cross stitch magazines and decided to stitch some of them....it fits well with my 'buy less, waste less'  challenge for this year.

I made the flowers from my last post into a little card....


....then I stitched a cute Margaret Sherry design......


I love the 'stitched by' on the back of the card....


Isn't that perfect?

Normally I would make my own cards, but in the spirit of not wasting anything, I used the cards supplied....and they are so cute!

Then I started working on this  design...


This one turned out to be quite the problem design! How can something so small be such a problem? First of all, I started stitching with the wrong colour of thread and had to unpick it. Then when I stitched the inside of the ears, the colours didn't look right . According to the chart they were supposed to be stripy, but mine just looked like the same colour....soooo.... more unpicking! After checking that I am in fact stitching in the right colours, I start again....but the ears don't look stripy at all..... the two shades of thread were too close and the difference didn't show up, arghhhh....more unpicking! So by this time, I decide just to do the ears a totally different colour just so that I can get it finished. Phewww....that was hard work :)

This design came with a cute little patchwork card mount, but unfortunately I have run out of double sided tape so I can't finish it yet. 

So, all in all, three little finishes in a week is rather good, especially when full of the cold!


Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

PS. I seem to be having lots of emails returned when I respond to blog comments. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I do try to reply to all comments  - sometimes it takes me a while :) so thank you for commenting and apologies if you're not receiving my replies.



14 comments:

gominam said...

Your cards are perfect! Great job;)

Heather said...

Those are some cute finishes. I'm sorry you had so many problems with the bunny as he's my favorite :)

Katie said...

Love your pieces!!! I like the changes with the bunny ears.

Unknown said...

Nice cards, love the bunny one.

butterfly said...

Hope your cold is getting better.
Love all your stitch cards , hugs.

Justine said...

Cute cards Rhona! Sometimes I really struggle with those little card kits from magazines too though I don't usually have many problems with bigger designs! Luckily you worked it out with the bunny ears.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Those are adorable cards!

Mii Stitch said...

Cute card finishes :)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Cute finishes

♥ Nia said...

Oh bad bunny! Bad bad bunny :p but it looks so cute now :)
All adorable but my favorite is the margaret sherry's card =) all so pretty!!!!
I'm like you, I don't know how to just do nothing heheheh but recently... With a baby boy at home.. Those moments don't happen as much ;)

Faith... said...

The bunny looks so cute and doesn't look like he would give anyone an ounce of trouble! Three finishes is awesome!

Weronika said...

Wonderful cards Rhona!

Magia da Inês said...

⋰˚هჱܓ Passei para uma visita. Bordados muito lindos!!! Amei os cartões.

FELIZ PÁSCOA!!!
┏╮/╱
╰ჱ ╮
╱/╰┛

SuperMomNoCape said...

Love that little hedgehog card!! Whoever receives any of the cards will certainly love getting them.