Sunday, June 14, 2015

Not a good week for stitching.

I didn't manage to post anything last week even although I had made great progress with my stitching! 

Last weekend my hubby took part New York Ride to Conquer Cancer which was a two day, 150 mile bicycle ride through New York State.  Needless to say I took my stitching to do while I waited for him to complete each leg of the ride. So I was able to spend quite a bit of my Saturday stitching away undisturbed...heaven! On day two, before I had even got my stitching out, I got a phone call to say that there had been an accident and that hubby had been injured and was unable to complete the ride. 

Unfortunately his injuries were more than had originally been diagnosed and we ended up having a mad dash to the ER in the early hours of Monday morning. The rest of the week was made up of driving him to various doctors offices and waiting for numerous tests to be performed. My stitching was too big and cumbersome to carry with me, and a bit too complicated for doing in a doctor's office, so no progress has been made this week.

Anyway, hubby seems to be on the mend... albeit slowly. Broken ribs mend and bruises and road rash fade. The internal injuries are being dealt with and I'm just thankful that it wasn't anything worse. 

Of course there are still many more doctor's visits ahead, soooo, because of that, I have no other choice than to invest in a small portable cross stitch project to pop in my bag to keep me while he sees the various doctors. Hee hee! It's an absolute necessity, it really is :)


So, as for twilight fairy....this was what she looked like in my last post...



....and this is her now....



Quite a difference!

I'm not sure how much stitching I'll manage on her this week, as my main focus will obviously be on hubby. I might even suggest he takes up stitching as he can't really do anything else at the moment!!!! Mmmm, but then he might realize just how much stitchy stuff I have stashed around the house....maybe not such a good idea after all!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona


16 comments:

Le trame della Galaverna said...

I hope that your husband feel better.
Your fairies are so beautiful.
The progress is great.

Unknown said...

Love fairys, you are getting there.

Karyn said...

Wow Rhona, that must have been so scary! Thankfully all of hubby's injuries will mend, sending hugs your way...
Twilight Fairy is gorgeous, I just love the colors...and your stitches are perfect.
Keep us posted on hubby and hang in there :)
Hugs
Ma

Preeti said...

Sorry about your husband's accident. I hope he recovers soon . And then he will get you lots of things for stitching and he will be perfectly fit to take care of rest of the things while you stitch:)
You made good progress on your stitching.

demeter83 said...

Looking beautiful
Hope your husband is recovering well!

Annie said...

Beautiful stitching! You've inspired me to start mine, right after I finish something.
Best wishes to your husband for a speedy recovery!

Mii Stitch said...

Amazing progress on the Twilight Fairy!!!
I love this design & actually nearly bought it yesterday :D
I had the kit in my hands & was ready to go and pay and then somehow I listened to that little voice telling me I already had enough stash to keep me going for years... So I went & put it back on the shelf!!! Shock horror!! Can you believe this?? I must have had a moment of insanity :D
Anyway, I'm so glad your hubby is recovering well. This is such a shame something like that happened. It was such a worthy cause too.

Heather said...

Sorry to hear about hubby but glad it's something that can be fixed fairly easily. And it means more stash lol!

Wendy said...

you have made so much progress! It's looking lovely. I hope your husband is on the mend and gets better soon

Katie said...

Fantastic progress. Just love this project.

So sorry about your hubby. So glad to hear it wasn't worse. Hope he heals quickly.

Ariadne said...

I am so sorry for your husband! I hope he is on the mend and doing much better!The stitching evolves beautifully.AriadnefromGreece!

Keebles said...

I hope your husband gets better soon!

Renee said...

What a scare for you and your husband! I am so glad he is on the mend.

You made such great progress. It is so much fun to see your updates on Twilight Fairy. (And, I agree, a smaller project is a necessity for those waiting rooms!)

Beedeebabee said...

Oh gosh, how terrible that your hubby took such a bad fall while on that special ride. Thank goodness his injuries will heal in time. Introducing him to a little stitching while he's on the mend sounds like a great idea!...I love your fairies. They're looking just beautiful! All the very best to you both as Hubby continues to get better. xo

Miamina said...

As the wife of a Mountain Biker....I know that phone call all too well :( I hope your Hubby is recovering well and will be back on his feet (and bike) very soon.

You've done loads of stitching though! What a difference! Well done, it's looking really fab!

Justine said...

So sorry to hear that your husband was injured. I hope he is better soon. You can keep him company with your stitching - those fairies are looking beautiful!