Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The postie made me do it!!!

So after buying a new kit to have in my bag while sitting waiting for my hubby during his many doctors visits, I've been a bit naughty and started something completely different than planned! 

I blame my postie.....if she hadn't coming running up the path and practically shoved this month's World of Cross Stitching magazine in my hands as we were heading out the door, my new kit would have been started. Instead, I'm stitching the free kit from the magazine. It's so cute and doesn't require the same amount of concentration that the new dimensions design would need, so it was perfect for doing in the doctor's waiting room.


I did change the colours around a bit as the darkest shade used on the mouse just didn't seem quite right....I may regret my changes once I have stitched a bit more, but at the moment, it's looking fine.



Not much stitching to show, but hopefully things will return to normal (what's that?!!) this week! Hubby is feeling lots better and now it's just a case of resting and letting the body heal. Hopefully no more doctor visits....at least none planned for a while! What I do plan to do is get caught up on my blog reading and replying to your wonderful and much appreciated comments......and get some more stitching done!

Until net time...happy stitching!

Rhona


10 comments:

Heather said...

Yay hubby doing so well! Cute new start but I'm really curious what your new kit is :D

Heather said...

Nevermind I realized you hadn't started it yet LOL serves me right for reading with a headache. Off to find some Advil!

Delphyne said...

What a sweet little project! I bet your color changes will be lovely.

Kate said...

So glad to hear your sweetie is on the mend. Cute start! You made a lot of progress. Isn't it so much fun to get goodies in the mail?

Mii Stitch said...

Cheeky postman :) What a cute new start though, I love these little MS designs.
Glad you're hubby is getting better too, excellent news!

Le trame della Galaverna said...

I wish you all the best
Happy xxx

Preeti said...

Your new stitching is very cute!! :) glad to know your husband is feeling better.

Justine said...

Good news about your husband's health. Such a cute kit and perfect for your handbag!

Helen Philipps said...

A lovely little kit to help pass the hospital time! I was sorry to hear about your hb being injured, but very glad that he is on the mend now. Wishing you both a good week ahead, Rhona.
Helen xox

Katie said...

Oh so cute! I'm way behind on reading blogs. Hope hubby continues to do better.