Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Yayyyy....it's finished!

Finally! For such a small project, this seems to have taken such a long time to complete! The fact that I had to go home for a while didn't help either.....but at last I can reveal what the mystery stitching is.......



....it's a kitchen memo board...


  
And not just any memo board..... a chalkboard one!



I'm going to remove the rope that's attached to the board and add one that holds a piece of chalk so it's always there when you need to  write down some shopping to remember or an appointment etc.



I'm planning to make the same thing again (in a different colour scheme) for another friend for Christmas .....hopefully the second one won't take quite so long to complete!


Thanks for all the well wishes for my Dad....it's lovely to know that so many people are thinking of him......bloggers really are the most wonderful and caring people! 

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, great idea and finish

Karyn said...

I love it, Rhona, what a smart and adorable idea! The stitching is beautiful and the chalkboard is perfect...I just love your finish!
I read about your Dad's rough hospital stay, I'm so glad that he is home recovering from such a scary ordeal, and things are settling down for you...we never forget what our Dad's mean to us. :)
Hugs

Katie said...

Oh I love it! Great job. Love the idea.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Beautiful
Great idea

CathieJ said...

This is a great idea. I love that teapot cross stitch.

Heather said...

Great idea! It looks lovely :)

Preeti said...

It is so lovely!!:) Do you get such memo-boards in shop or is it custom-made?

gominam said...

What a neat finish! Congrats:)

Justine said...

I would never have guessed that in a million years! It looks great - what an unusual way to finish a piece.
Hope your Dad continues to improve.

Mii Stitch said...

Great finish!! It looks lovely.

Rachel said...

What a lovely idea for brightening up a boring chalkboard. Well done! :)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Oooo I absolutely love that idea 😀

♥ Nia said...

What a fun idea :D Great job!!