Monday, April 17, 2017

Spring is in the air....finally!

After all the snow we had a few weeks ago (click here for pics if you missed them!) we finally  have signs of spring which is wonderful ......


....it's just a start, but it feels so good!


So in keeping with the spring time theme, here's an update on my strawberry stitching (yeah, I know strawberries are more of a summer thing, but you get my drift!!!)

Here's what it looked like last time I posted about it...


....and here's where I am now...


Lots of stitching with one strand of thread, which for some reason, I feel goes more slowly then when stitching with two strands....I know that seems kind of strange, but I do feel I stitch far more slowly when using only one strand! The effect is wonderful and I'm delighted with how this is looking.

I'm still missing one colour of thread and every time I have been to the craft store, it's either the one and only empty slot on the thread shelf, or I haven't got the piece of paper with the number written down.  I'm running low on some of the red colours so I think another trip to the craft store is in order (with list in hand!).....fingers crossed they have the colours I need.


Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona


11 comments:

Mouse said...

oooooo very pretty ... just had a bowl of strawberries for my supper ... love the signs of spring and fancy running out of the colours ... and then having to go back to the shop !!!! think there is a method in your madness here ..lol ... love mouse xxxxx

Katie said...

Oh beautiful progress. The strawberries look good enough to eat. Hope you can find your missing threads soon.

Preeti said...

Delicious strawberries!! Hope you get the missing ingredient at the craft store :)

Mii Stitch said...

Fabulous!!!! Makes me want to work on my geranium (which I haven't touched since I've first started it) :)
Hope you will manage to get hold of more threads.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those strawberries look wonderful. I actually like stitching with one strand, it feels faster to me! Over two anyway.
Do you follow Irene? You should take a peek at her blog!
https://ricamire.blogspot.co.uk/

cucki said...

wow so pretty..
love and smiles x

Justine said...

I like stitching with one thread too! Your strawberries look so tasty.

Irene said...

che meraviglia Rhona, bellissimo

StitchyDragon Creates said...

It's lovely to see Spring arriving isn't it? Your strawberries are looking lovely, hope you find the thread you need at the store soon. Yes I feel if it's anything other than two strand stitching it goes slower too! Maybe because it's different to the norm? Happy stitching :-)
Helen

♥ Nia said...

I thought I was looking at real strawberries! :) hehehehe beautiful stitching!
And YEAH for Spring!!! It was about time ;)

Bekah said...

The strawberries are really nice, I love the shading done in the background.