Monday, August 20, 2018

A new start.....

....because I had to!

I did...really.....honestly!

This was a kit from my stash, so I should get brownie points for being good :) Anyhoo, as always, in true Rhona fashion, these events that I plan to stitch for seem to just sneak up on me and suddenly there I am....in panic mode manically stitching in the hope to have it completed in time.....


Friends of ours are getting married and weddings are such a great occasion to stitch for. I think a stitched piece is one of the most perfect wedding gifts and this one is personalized too (or will be once I get to that part!) What's worrying me though, is that I don't think the contrasting colour in the border swirls is showing up enough......


...it's more pronounced in the  photograph that came with the kit ....


I am in two minds whether or not to unpick and redo it in a slightly darker shade so that it shows up better. The more I look at the picture of the kit, the more I wonder if they stitched it with a different colour of thread or with less strands of thread than indicated on the key.....just what I need when I'm pushed for time.

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona


9 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful new start. I agree with you the cover is definitely different. Too bad. Good luck deciding what to do.

RJ said...

Rhona I can see it very well. I think when the whole thing is done it will be perfect. I agree with you on how personalized a stitch can be for a special gift. Good luck getting it done. One time I stitched seven days straight only stopping for food, bathroom breaks and sleep at night. My sweet husband even did the cooking etc. so I could get it done in time for the baby shower. My fingers are crossed for you. RJ

Irene said...

un bellissimo regalo, lo schema รจ davvero originale!

Mii Stitch said...

What a lovely new start. This will be a great gift for your friends. I agree the colours look different compared to the cover picture. Do whatever you think is best. I am sure whichever you go for will look great.

Helen Philipps said...

What a beautiful design and perfect wedding gift. I think it will probably be just fine when it’s all stitched....the eye will follow the swirly shapes and see them in the border. Enjoy your speedy stitching! Xox

Preeti said...

It is a beautiful design! The images are usually tweaked to look more brighter. I can see the swirls although not as clear as in the image. Even though you did not ask, but I feel changing the border color to lighter tone is better because the swirls in the center looks great in the present light shade. But as Helen says, I also feel everything will show up fine once completed.

Maggie said...

The design is beautiful, I can see the contrast colour, colours always look different on the chart I think. I agree with Helen, I think it will be fine once it's done.

FlashinScissors said...

Argh! Unless it’s just your photograph your border looks much darker than the picture on the packet to me.
Are they DMC colours, could you check them on a colour chart? This is sort of what happened to me with the pinks on my Flamingo a little while ago!
Good luck on your speedy stitching.
Barbara x

Mini said...

Thats a lovely new start. I would trust the original pattern and go with the called for colors.