Monday, August 27, 2018

Don't you just hate it when......

.....things go wrong and you're already pushed for time? The dreaded curse of stitching from a kit has hit with vengeance. Yes....I ran out of thread.....


.....and to make matter worse I really only need a few inches of thread! As you can see in the picture below I am using every last bit of thread to get this done but, alas, I have to admit defeat, I need more thread....


 ....see that little bit between the two arrows....that's all I need to finish off the border plus a little more to complete the single strand stitched swirls at the 'E'.

Since I do have loads one or two skeins of pink thread in my stash, I was sure I could quickly get the right colour and finish of the stitching..... ...this was my collection of anchor threads....


....and none of them matched.....and then my collection of DMC threads....


...and none of them matched either! Arghhh! I don't have time to contact the manufacturer (Dimensions) as this is  going to be  wedding present....and the wedding is this Sunday! 

I think I'm going to have to get creative and unpick some of the border and put in another swirl that will be stitched in a darker shade, hopefully leaving me enough of the lighter pink thread to finish off the border and the last of the swirls. And as you can see, I decided to unpick the darker pink as I didn't think It was showing up very well. 

So much for this being a quick stitch! Wish me luck for getting it finished on time.

Until next time...happy stitching!


Rhona

9 comments:

Katie said...

Oh no I'm so sorry this has happened. Sure a beautiful piece. I hope you can fix it.

Kay said...

How annoying!!! I hope it all works out for you. x

Mii Stitch said...

Oh I am sure you will work your magic and fix it :)

Justine said...

Hope you can sort this out! Have you got another Dimensions kit you could pinch a bit from? That is quite the thread collection!

Irene said...

Ah che disdetta non avere il filo! Sono sicura che troverai il miglior modo di sistemare

Mini said...

That's really annoying. Did you try looking for conversion of Dimension to DMC online? I'm sure I have seen that data somewhere.

RJ said...

Rhona maybe if you took a small piece of the dimension thread with you to the craft store you could find a DMC to match. But if not I like your idea and think that will work well. I once was doing a big beach stitch and I ran out of the over dyed thread that was making the sand. I found a couple of DMC's close and put a lighter and darker together to get that variegated look. it worked out so a lot of times our fixes will work out. You are very talented so I think your solution will do the trick. RJ@stitchingfriendsforver

FlashinScissors said...

Hope you managed to source some suitable thread, Rhona!
Barbara x

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Luck!