Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Doing a wee happy dance here!

Yayyy for me! I have a finish....and when I say a finish, I mean a finish finish...all done and dusted...complete and ready to display...


 ...doesn't it look great?


I love the little ruffled ribbon edge. The black and white ribbon worked perfectly...


....not too fussy and doesn't take away from the stitching.

Now that I had a little break from the seashell design I'm eager to get back working on it and get this completed too...


I did some more of the border design ......always a great bit to do when binge watching something (and this week it has been 'Banished'  - anyone else watch this? Too bad there isn't a second season)


The seashell is a bit more complicated than the border as there's more colour changing and no repeating pattern  so it's not as easy to do without concentrating....so no getting caught up on what's on TV - unless of course you don't mind unpicking :)

Now all I have to do is pick another program to binge watch and get some more little X's done on the seashell!

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona


18 comments:

Sandra said...

Love, love, love, the owl cross stitch. You did a FANTASTIC job on the finishing. Really enhanced the owl. Perfect pick for the ribbon. Progress on seashells is great too.

Kay said...

A finish finish!! This is just fabulous, I love the ribbon edging. x

Manuela said...

Wonderful finish. The owl is very cute and I like the ribbon Edging.
Nice progress on your seashell.
Manuela

Maggie said...

Love your owl finish :-) Sometimes we need a little break to come back all fresh to a previous work.

Preeti said...

It looks fantastic! Congratulations on the finish:) Good progress on seashells too

Rachel said...

He looks fantastic! The simplicity of monochrome works really well.
I usually finish all my ornies with barley twist cord but I might have to steal the idea of using ruched ribbon if that's OK with you? ;)

Irene said...

wow aono bellissimi!!!

Sasha said...

I love the owl, it looks so great! And you are getting close to another finish with the seashells.

Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

I love the owl! Very cute. Your seashells are really lovely. Enjoy stitching them!

Astrids dragon said...

Fabulous finish! The ribbon you chose is perfect.

Sheryl said...

Goodness, what a lovely finish and ideal ribbon. in one word just PERFECT

FlashinScissors said...

I love your owl finish! The ribbon is just wonderful! Really pretty!
Thank you for sharing the pattern with us ..... I started mine on Monday, wouldn’t say I’m half way yet, but I’m enjoying those swirls, and the fact that it is all one colour!
Great progress on the seashells too!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Terri said...

The owl finish is gorgeous! LOVE it! Your other stitching is pretty, but my fav is the owl :-)

Loretta said...

Love the owl! <3 The edging you added makes it even more awesome :)

Katie said...

Love your finish. What a perfect way to finish it too. Good luck with your progress on shells. Love that design!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Oh wow such a gorgeous Halloween finish!

RJ said...

Love your finish and the black check ribbon was the perfect pick. RJ

AmyS said...

I’m reading back through your blog and just had to comment, even though this post is from two years ago. I love that owl design so much, have it saved to stitch in the coming weeks. Is it your design? The way you finished the stitching is just adorable! But please tell me, where do you hang cute ornaments that are not for Christmas? I would love to make things into ornaments but don’t know where I would display them. I am a huge fan of your designs.