Friday, October 19, 2018

Fun Finds Friday....glow in the dark threads

There's so many ways to add a little something to your stitching....what about Glow in The Dark threads.....have you hard of them....have you used them?

I have to confess that I haven't used them, but I have added them to some of my designs....


....the lettering was outlined using glow in the dark threads - of course you can't see it in the photo but I think it adds a little something and is perfect for Halloween!


Since I haven't used these threads before (my local needlework store doesn't carry them and I can't justify ordering them online!) I did contact DMC (one of the manufacturers) to get some info on the threads and they sound easy enough to use. I stumbled across this helpful article about using these threads and thought I'd share it today as this week's Fun Finds Friday.

Do let me know if you've used glow in the dark threads and how you found them, I'd love to know. 

Until next time...happy stitching!


Rhona

8 comments:

Irene said...

Io uso il DMC e mi trovo benissimo, anche senza cera condizionante, e si illumina tanto al buio!

Catherine said...

Ive not used them either, but you do have me a little intrigued! I’m nkt sure thry woukd suit most of my work, but they would be fun in some projects and something to think about for things for younger ones!

Ariadne said...

I was sent a glow-in-the-dark white thread by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching as a gift and used it on my Halloween Sampler. I admit that although I put the sampler in the sun and under a lamp the little ghosts I stitched with the specific thread glow very little in the dark.AriadnefromGreece!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Huh... I haven't used them but may have to go searching now!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Good to know then that they may not be great at glowing!

Astrids dragon said...

I have used them, but they don't glow for long at all. But it's still fun to see them when they do!

RJ said...

They sound like so much fun. RJ

Tammy said...

I was wondering what magazine this pattern is in I love it and would love to get a copy
Thanks