Monday, October 22, 2018

Seashells and Santa

I worked a bit more on the seashells design and got the bottom border design completed....


I wasn't in the mood for concentrating and counting, so the large sea shell was abandoned in favour of the quicker and easier bottom border of sea shells! This week I'll have to bite the bullet, turn off the tv and just get on with stitching the last large shell.


Since I had completed another section of the seashells design I decided I would reward myself (any excuse!) and start another small design. I was tempted to do another Halloween design, but I have an old biscuit  tin that I keep for storing some of free magazine kits, and since the lid no longer stays shut as it's so full,I decided I should do one of these instead.  This little Christmas freebie was calling my name...


The design is from CrossStitcher magazine Issue 324.....yes, this kit has been siting waiting to be done for almost a year - but don't ask me how old some of the other kits are that are still waiting to be stitched :). 

At least I will have it finished in plenty time for Christmas this year! Now I feel the urge to start playing Christmas songs and stitch more Christmas designs, but I'll sing quietly till after Halloween!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

8 comments:

Justine said...

Well it's only 9 weeks until Christmas Eve you know!

Your seashells stitch is so very pretty, I love the blue colour in the border.

Sasha said...

They both look great. The seashells are so close! If I was this close to a finish, I wouldn't be able to put it down!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

That is looking great! You're making awesome progress

Katie said...

Beautiful work on the shells. Congrats on finishing the bottom border. Love your new Santa start.

Helen Philipps said...

Your shells are all so beautifully stitched and when you are feeling in the right mood you will whizz through stitching the last big shell! I love the Santa design, it does look fun to do. XXX

Preeti said...

The border looks very beautiful! I think you need to keep few more smalls ready for stitching breaks between the large shell stitching:D

Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

Your sea shells are so pretty! And it’s always nice to have a nice easy section to work! And Christmas already appears to be in the shops, so I think you are getting your Christmas piece out at the perfect time!

RJ said...

Love this stitch Rhona. I've been gone for a few weeks at the beach and I'm catching up with all my blogs and leaving comments. I hope you have a wonderful week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever