Tuesday, July 2, 2019

I broke the cardinal rule!

I learned the hard way to always put your stitching away when you're not working on it. Years ago my daughter accidentally dropped a plate of spaghetti with tomato sauce and the spaghetti sauce splashed over my stitching. Luckily for me that, although the stains did not come out even after several washes, the design was quit heavily stitched and the stains were covered by the stitching. Since then, I have been quite meticulous about always putting my stitching away.....except this week. I blame the brain fog on the fact that I had been feeling like I had been hit by a truck, thanks to the shingles vaccine. I put my stitching at the side of my chair and, yes, you've guessed it.....disaster! Yet another tomato sauce incident! Thank heavens that I had laid the chart over the main body of the fabric so only a small corner of fabric was splashed. The chart is now in colour....well, colour in some places! 

Image taken from Pinterest

The cardinal rule of stitching....always put your stitching away when you're not working on it!

Anyway, here's this weeks progress....minus the stains...


Last week my camera died before I could take a picture of the kit, so I left you wondering what the design was like - sorry! Here's what what it will eventually look like...


Luckily for me that the camera battery was all charged up when I spotted this little fella  hiding in the bushes right outside my front door...


Isn't he cute? Mama robin has been coming in regularly to feed him and they move hiding places so he's not obvious to predators.....or humans!

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona



8 comments:

Irene said...

Nooo, spero che le macchie se ne siano andate, il ricamo è così bello!

Mary said...

Rhona, that is an amazing stitch. I can't imagine stitching a full coverage project. I'm glad that the damage wasn't any worse than a small corner. I won't even have a drink when I stitch, I spilled coke on one project and another I left my stitching out and my cat dribbled on it. It goes away even if I leave the room for a second.

Rachel said...

Thank goodness your chart was over the top of your fabric! I always put mine away but know that something like this is bound to happen one day.
Thanks for showing the full picture too; I thought this was the smaller version with a single wolf looking through the trees.
Cut robin too; I love seeing fledglings flap their little wings begging for food. :)

RJ said...

So glad to hear your tomato spot came out Rhona. Love your newest stitch...it will be a beauty. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Katie said...

Oh I'm glad you were able to get the stains out. All us stitchers sure understand haha. Love your new wolf design. It will wonderful to watch it grow. Lovely baby robin. I love all the baby birds around.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Oh no! That is awful! I love your bird photos.

Vanessa said...

È un kit bellissimo buon lavoro

Astrids dragon said...

Oh my, every stitcher's nightmare! I'm glad you were able to get the stains out.
That is a beautiful piece!
Sweet little bird, the perfect photo.