Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Itching to stitch!

The last two posts have been brought to you by the magic that is Blogger's scheduling feature. I have been back in Scotland dealing with my late father's house - so not really a holiday, but nice to be back in Scotland all the same. 

I had taken some stitching with me but didn't have time to do any of it....yes two weeks without stitching - unheard of! I did manage to buy some cross stitch magazines (of course!) and was keeping them as a way to pass the time on the flight back to the US. As soon as we were on board the plane coming home, the stitching magazines had their plastic covers ripped from them and the contents devoured. Then it was time to start one of the free gifts that came with the magazines....ah, the heavenly feeling of threading the needle and starting a new project!

Of course, being on a plane meant no scissors allowed and so the freebie kit became a bit of a mess on the back since I couldn't cut any of the threads...


Oh my goodness....this drives me insane....the threads tangle up and get caught in the stitches....I'm sure you can feel my pain :)

Anyhoo, lots of turbulence meant that stitching was a bit difficult to do (that needle refused to go in the correct hole) so this project is in my current to-do pile and being worked on just now...


Being the queen of slow stitching, it's still not finished!


Coming back to all that laundry and the usual pile of bills and junk mail that always awaits you after a holiday, was made easier by finding this months issue of World of Cross Stitching sitting waiting for me. Issue 284 has my matching game designs in it...


A cross stitch version of the traditional game...


My kids adored playing this game when they were little and I love being able to use cross stitching for more than just pictures for on the wall!

Also in this issue is an interview with yours truly......


...with a very rare photo of me!

So now it's time to go visiting all your lovely blogs and get caught up with the backlog of blog reading. Thanks for visiting!

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

8 comments:

Kay said...

I thought I held the title of the queen of slow stitching! All looking good and I must look out for the article. x

Rachel said...

Hope everything over here in the UK is now settled. Not a nice thing to have to do, let alone adding in the distance factor too.
I love your little new start. When I have loose tails like that (usually because I have nothing suitable to end them under) I bring them back up to the front of the fabric to prevent them getting caught up as yours did. It certainly saves the frustration of entanglement, although does appropriately go with your blog name!
I need to read your interview too; it's always nice to know a bit more about those we communicate with! :)

Shebafudge said...

That seagull is really cute, as are the matching card designs. Love them!

I will have to get a copy of the magazine so that I can read your article. The photo looks gorgeous so I don't know why you don't have many taken!

Katie said...

Oh of course I love the seagull. How adorable!! I also really love your set of matching cards. How fun. I agree with you what a fun thing to do with stitching.

Astrids dragon said...

Sorry to hear your reason for being in Scotland, but glad it was still nice for you to be there.
I just brought a tiny pair of scissors with me for a flight and they were fine. I've also heard of taking nail clippers instead. At least you were able to stitch, it looks like a cute piece.
What an adorable matching game, a forever treasure!
And look at you, all famous and everything! A very nice article, I'm looking forward to seeing your upcoming Canadian designs.

RJ said...

How nice you were able to get back to Scotland, Rhona. I have always wanted to visit. I loved the back of your stitch...LOL! But, it sure is cute. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

That is sad about your need for the trip but glad that you got some magazines out of it and it's awesome about the magazine. I'm going to have to look out for that one with the matching game.

FlashinScissors said...

Sorry to hear of your sad reason to visit Scotland.
I’ll be keeping an eye out for that magazine to read the article.
Your stitching looks great even if the ends did give you trouble!
Hugs,
Barbara xx