Monday, July 8, 2019

Stitching up a storm!

When the background in the design is done in half stitches, it feels like I'm stitching up a storm....it seems to be growing so quickly! And being the queen of slow stitching you have no idea how wonderful that sounds to me! Just compare last weeks picture....


....to this week's progress picture...


Not too shabby...uh?

I heard back from Dimensions about the shortage of thread for Ice Cardinal. You may remember that I had used up all the threads for two of the colours in the kit, and you can see from the picture just how close I am to finishing it....


...yeah, just that little spot at the bottom to complete! I was emailed a conversion chart with the DMC and Anchor equivalents. I can't decide how I feel about this. On the one hand it's great that you can get the missing threads quite quickly, but on the other hand, it's costing  even more money to complete the kit which was expensive to buy. I'm also keeping my fingers firmly crossed that there won't be a noticeable difference in the colours with the DMC threads.  So, what do you think about having to buy threads to complete a kit? Should I be upset or not? Do you think the company should send some extra threads? Either way, it's time for me to stitch on black fabric again and get this cardinal finished....finally!

Until next time....happy stitching!


Rhona

8 comments:

Rachel said...

First of all, congratulation on stitching up a storm this week! I certainly agree about the half stitches but also love the effect they give to the background.
Re Dimensions, you've asked some good questions. I don't think Dimensions customer services have done themselves any favours by taking so long to answer your email and then just sending you a conversion chart! Did you even get an apology? I wonder how they work out how much thread to include, and whether they allow for mistakes and frogging and for not actually stitching to the last inch of a length?
I too hope the thread difference is not noticeable and wish you so much luck with finishing it on a high rather than a low. :)

Katie said...

Wow definitely beautiful progress. I think most customer service doesn't care much about the customer anymore. I think just sending the equivalents doesn't seem like help at all. You obviously could have looked that up yourself. I really hope you don't notice a difference. I like that most kits like Mill Hill seem to be coming with DMC so hopefully the dye lots won't be that noticeable.

Kay said...

I am not impressed with your very late answer from Dimensions, when you buy something it is legally supposed to be 'fit for purpose' and a kit that is short of threads does not fulfil that criteria so really they are obligated to provide the extra threads. I do hope you are able togged the stitching down without problems, maybe take it with you to the shop and compare all the white colours available to get a good match. x

Vanessa said...

Fantastico

Mary said...

You have made great progress!! I hesitate to purchase kits because once I have to frog I throw the thread away. But, if you didn't have any frogging they should have included enough floss to even have some leftover. I hope your colors match and I think they should have sent you thread. I would hesitate to purchase another kit from them in the future. Thankfully it's a small section.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

I don't know how I'd feel spending all that money and still needing to buy more. Your experiences with dimensions kits has definitely made me wary.

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, great progress, another precious wolf!
That's pretty disappointing about Dimensions. They should be providing you with enough threads to complete the project or send it to you free of charge if you're short. Just look at how much the Mill Hill kits sends... enough for two sometimes!

Linda said...

Awesome progress Rhona. I would be hounding Dimensions a whole lot more. You shouldn't have to buy floss to finish a kit.

Linda