Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Doing my happy dance!

Yayyy for me! I have a finish....want to join me in my happy dance?

Ice cardinal is finally finished....


This one feels like it's taken forever to do....please don't look back to see the date that I started it as I'll be really embarrassed!


I'm still not convinced that the back stitching really shows up, especially round the bird's feet, but the yellow and white on his face  shows up well....


It's not easy to get a good picture of this finish and it really does look better in real life.


Here are the details of this kit - 

Dimensions kit #70-35292
Stitched on 14 count black aida
Finished size 11" x 14"
Design by Mark Mueller

Anyway, I'm glad this is finally done and I can get working on anything that's not stitched on black fabric!

Until next time....happy stitching!


Rhona

14 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

You have done a beautiful job on that cardinal--
I would of given up long ago--
so good for you for keeping with it--
luv, di

Katie said...

Wohoo it's finished!!! Congrats!!!

RJ said...

It's really stunning Rhona. I love cardinals so much and this one is so pretty. I know it was not easy but you got it done...way to go. RJ

Rachel said...

Yay indeed, congratulations on your Happy Dance! Ice Cardinal looks absolutely fantastic and well worth all the effort (and trials and tribulations) put in. Now you don't have to think about black fabric ever again! :)

Kay said...

Well done, you must be thrilled and relieved at the same time. He does look wonderful and worth all of the stitching on black. x

Cathy said...

Yay1!! Congratulations on the finish! I probably have several WIPs that have been hanging around longer than this one, so don't feel too bad about how long it took you!

MartinaM said...

A great picture, i love it.
Martina

Mary said...

Oh my, this stitch was quite the challenge, it is gorgeous!! I admire anyone that can work on black fabric.

Marula Michela said...

Questo disegno è stupendo, e tu lo hai ricamato alla perfezione. Il tessuto nero di fondo è azzeccatissimo. Complimenti, mi sono unita ai tuoi followers , perchè i tuoi lavori mi piacciono tanto

Irene said...

wow Rhona è meraviglioso, sembra vero!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance! This looks stunning and I think you would have noticed the difference if you hadn't done the backstitch.

Astrids dragon said...

That should be a very happy dance, your Ice Cardinal looks fantastic! I hope you get it framed soon, or in time for the cold weather.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Congratulations on your beautiful Finish...this is so pretty...I love this.

Happy Stitching
Linda K, Buttercup

digitize logo for embroidery said...

I have read your blog post this is really an amazing for developing embroidery skill of newbie.