Monday, September 23, 2019

Bookmarks and blending!

I love how the World of Cross Stitching magazine have finished my little Tomte bookmark designs....


....aren't they cute? They can be found in issue 286 which is on sale now. These little bookmarks would make great Christmas gifts. The designs also work as Christmas cards. Remember, it's never too early to start Christmas stitching ☺ (says she who hasn't even started to think about her Christmas stitching!)

And now on to blending threads.....it's those glorious wolves .....


 There doesn't look like there's been much progress, because there hasn't! I didn't stitch for a couple of nights and then when I did, it wasn't for long.


The sky is all done with blended colours which also slows down progress a bit, but the effect is gorgeous.....


As you can tell, I was getting a bit fed-up of doing the sky so I started on another of the wolves....those few dark stitches on the left hand side will be another wolf....eventually!

Until next time....happy stitching!


Rhona

5 comments:

Katie said...

The gnomes are too cute! The blended threads are beautiful but I agree they go SLOW. Don't blame you for mixing it up a bit with the other wolf. Good luck!

Irene said...

Rhona i segnalibri sono fantastici!

Kay said...

These bookmarks are really cute. x

Rachel said...

I totally agree about blended threads. My current big project uses a lot of them and they really do make a difference when transitioning between colours. Love the start on your next wolf! Maybe he'll be a little less camouflaged next week! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The gnomes are cute but I just don't feel like Christmas stitching until after Hallowe'en!