Monday, November 18, 2019

Felt, sequins and a new wolf!

It's a typical November day here....cold and raining, which means terrible for getting good pictures as the light is so poor. On the flip side, it's the perfect weather to stay inside and stitch :)

I managed to get a bit of the felt stocking done while I was waiting for the replacement felt from Design Works. They were true to their word and sent out the felt really quickly. I cannot fault them for their speed.......but (you knew there was going to be a 'but' there, didn't you?!!) when the replacement piece arrived, it too was the wrong size.  I decided just to get some tracing paper and make a new template for the piece so that I could get on with making this stocking in time for Christmas. This is the bottom part....I still have to make the template for the top....



The seed beads and sequins are fiddly, but oh so pretty!

I emailed Design Works and explained to them about the fabric being the wrong size again, and told them that I was able to make a template and use the new piece of felt etc, etc and that I was emailing them just so they knew about the fault with their kit. Their response didn't address this point at all. Kind of disappointing. 

I also managed to get a few stitches (and I do mean a few stitches) in Winter's Lace. .......



....now we can see the start of another wolf. I keep thinking that this design isn't stitching up very quickly.....guess it's because I keep working on other things :) Ah well.....there's no rush to get this finished, whereas there is a rush to get the stocking done as Christmas will soon be upon us!


Until next time.....happy stitching!


Rhona


3 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful work on both pieces. Too bad to hear about Dimensions. That's frustrating.

Irene said...

che belli Rhona, adoro le calze!

Rachel said...

Ah, the stocking does look wonderful. I hope you're trying to forget about the disappointment and are focusing on how beautiful and sparkly it is now it's all coming together. :)