Monday, December 9, 2019

Christmas gnomes

Christmas gnomes, Tomte, sprites....whatever you want to call them.... are so popular this year and are everywhere....even cross stitching! I decided follow the trend and stitch the Christmas gnomes bookmarks that I designed for World Of Cross Stitching magazine issue 286......


.....they were so much fun to stitch! (They were fun to design too!)  As you can see from the picture above, I couldn't wait to start the back stitching just to have this little gnome's face come to life! I changed the colour of his little suit because ....well you can do that sort of thing with cross stitching and because the recipient loves blue....


The kids (who are not really kids but are all grown up, but still kids to me!) always get a book as part of their Christmas and this year will have a little Christmas Tomte bookmark to go with the book. This one with a more girly colour scheme is still in the hoop, bit shouldn't take too long to complete...


Next on my to-stitch list is one of my Highland Cows (or heilan' coos as they are known as in Scotland!) designs from Cross Stitch Crazy Issue 263....


...but I'm having trouble deciding which one to stitch first!

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona


10 comments:

Kate said...

Love your Tomtes and look forward to seeing your heilan' coos - we have a black and white heilan' coo painting in our living room and love it! ^^

Katie said...

Oh I love the gnomes and the adorable Highland Cows.

Cathy said...

I've stitched several of your designs from the magazines and have plans to do more. Your style suits me perfectly!

Mary said...

The little gnomes are just adorable!!!

Irene said...

adoro gli gnomi, sono bellissimi!!

FlashinScissors said...

Your Tomtes are gorgeous, well done!
As you say the backstitch really brings it to life!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Rachel said...

The gnomes are definitely super cute and will hopefully be very useful bookmarks. Good luck deciding on which 'coo' to stitch; as cows go, these are some of the prettiest I've seen! :)

Astrids dragon said...

OMGoodness, they are adorable! I wonder if I have that magazine, I'll have to look. They make the perfect bookmarks.
The cows are cute too, how many did you end up making?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those gnomes are wonderful!

Bethan said...

I love your gnomes! How awesome that you design pieces for Cross Stitching magazine. I love your book tradition with your children - it's not a tradition for us, but it would be odd to never get a book for Christmas in my family x