Monday, December 16, 2019

Two little finishes!

Don't you just love those quick to stitch and quick to finish pieces? And when they are Christmas gifts too, it's even better!

So last week, you may remember that I was working on some cute little Tomte designs and making them as bookmarks. Here was the first one all finished.....


.....I made a matching little tassel for his hat...


He was popped inside a book and sent off in a Christmas package to my son. The second Tomte that I had started last week was also finished (I'm definitely on a roll here!).....


...a nice bright pink tassel on this one's hat.....


 If you're wondering how to make a tassel click here for a quick little tutorial about making them.

Isn't he cute.....


And then Tomte number three is well under way and should be finished in plenty time before Christmas....


This one is probably going to be done on green felt and with a red tassel. Now the burning question is....do I have time to whip up a 4th Tomte bookmark?!!! Pop back next week to see if I have :)

Until next time....happy stitching!


Rhona

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Your Tomtes are so cute. I love how you finished them.

Rai Rai's Stitches said...

Soooo adorable!

Kay said...

These are sweet. A handmade bookmark is always treasured, just this week I was looking at one I was using and realised I had had it for nearly 20 years. x

Rachel said...

Ah your gnomes are so sweet, and finished off so simply yet effectively. I think you've definitely got enough time to stitch a fourth one; I have a feeling you really enjoy stitching these little guys. :)

Mary said...

So cute and love the added tassel!

Helen Philipps said...

Love these little Tomtes....so perfectly stitched and the tassels are a wonderful idea to complete them! Happy countdown to Christmas Rhona! XXX

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These make great bookmarks and the tassels for the hats are inspired!

Katie said...

Adorable! I love them!

Bethan said...

Ahh the tassels are so fun! x