Monday, January 27, 2020

It's a free SAL!

Stitch-a-longs are wonderful and even better if they are free....we all love free stuff (especially stitching stuff!) don't we? I stumbled on a beautiful and free stitch-a-long and one of the great things about this one is that it last all year long! Normally I would run a mile from anything that lasts that long as my interest usually wains half way through, but this SAL (stitch-along) takes only a couple of hours per week. Even I can do that :) Of course, I'm always late to the party, so I had to catch up....but it was so easy to do. Here's me all caught up to week four...


 I chose a pale blue 14 count aida that I had in my stash and used a DMC blue variegated thread that was also languishing in my thread box unused and unloved (but not anymore!)

Here's a close up of weeks one and two boxes....


...and then weeks three and four...


...week five will go in the last box....


So, where can you find this wonderful stitch along? Its by Peppermint Purple and you can find it on Peppermint Purple's Facebook page.  There's also a SAL group where you can see all the wonderful different colour combinations people have used. Each section is released on a Wednesday...suddenly Wednesdays are fun again!

Since these black work squares don't take up too much time (even if you are playing catch-up!) I had enough time to start another little design.This is a Margaret Sherry cutie from World Of Cross Stitching magazine......


So now I'm feeling all happy in my little stitching corner!

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

8 comments:

Cathy said...

I love the color combination you're using for the SAL. I'm also doing it, but choosing a different color each week. I am thinking of starting a second one using light pink fabric with a variegated red/pink, also.

Kaisievic said...

I really like the colours that you have chosen, Rhona. This SAL is turning up on a few blogs and is very tempting!

Katie said...

I'm trying to resist starting this one but boy another person working on it just makes it that much harder. Love the blue thread you picked. Ohh wouldn't it look beautiful in a purple. Nooo. I will resist. Love your Margaret Sherry piece too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely start to the SAL. I've also seen it on a few blogs and I'm enjoying all the different variations.

Bethan said...

Ooo that does seem like a tempting SAL. I love your variegated thread - I always want to buy some but never seem to have a suitable project for them x

Lee said...

Thanks for sharing about the SAL..... result of your posting, yes I have started and loving it

Faith... said...

Your SAL start looks great. I have been collecting it but have not started it yet. I hope to put it on my list later in the year or in 2021 for sure.

Rachel said...

Like some of the other comments, I too have seen this SAL and love how each stitcher has chosen a different colour combination. Yours is going to be very calming in the variegated blue.
Love your Margaret Sherry too, and looking forward to seeing your progress. :)