Monday, February 3, 2020

That 'Oh, no" moment!

Don't you just hate that moment when you realize that you don't have enough thread to finish off your project? And when it's a kit you desperately cross your fingers that the thread in the kit is dmc,....and then cross your toes in the hope that you have it in your stash! And you can probably guess from all that, that I have ran out of thread for the Margaret Sherry kit that I started last week.....


Pale yellow is the colour in question. I used what was in the kit down to the last itty-bitty scraps to see if I could make it work. sadly, there is the top of the box lid to do and also the label. I  might alter the colour of the label and do it white if I can't match the pale yellow.

Wednesday's are now something to look forward to with the new pattern from Peppermint Purple being released in the year long stitch-a-long.  A couple of hours stitching and I'm all done with week 5 and looking forward to week 6.....


This is definitely the kind of SAL that I can enjoy as each piece doesn't take too long to tackle.

Anyway, I'm off to hunt through my thread stash to see if I have the elusive pale yellow thread....keep your fingers crossed for me!


Until next time.....happy stitching!


Rhona

8 comments:

Katie said...

How frustrating. Hope you find the right match soon. Beautiful work on the SAL.

RJ said...

Rhona that is so sad that they did not put enough thread in your kit. Do they mention the name of the thread...maybe I have some. But, if not your plan sounds good. It is an adorable pattern so I hope you come up with a solution so you can finish it.

Love the color in the second stitch too. Have a great week. RJ

Cathy said...

I have that kit and I'm willing to send you the yellows in the kit after I match them to my DMC collection. That way yours will all be the same and I don't want to have the same problem. Email me your address and I'll get them right out.

I'm also enjoying the Peppermint Purple SAL--it's a good reason to look forward to Wednesdays.

Kay said...

I had the very same problem last week working on an old kit by Pollyanna Pickering that I have had for ages as a wip. I ran out of one colour but luckily did have it in my DMC stash, it is so frustrating though as I needed to do a fair bit still and I am fairly economical with my thread. x

Mary said...

Oh, that is so frustrating to run out of floss. Can you call the company and ask for more? It's terrible that there wasn't enough for the project. The blues on your next SAL are so pretty.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How annoying, especially on a small kit like that, it probably only needs an extra length or two.
Hope you can match from your stash.

Faith... said...

Hope you can match up your yellow. Sometimes if you contact the manufacturer of the kit they will send you more. The SAL is looking really good.

Rachel said...

You don't seem to have much luck with threads in kits, and have mentioned you're not a wasteful stitcher either. I do hope you managed to find the yellow you need. :)