Monday, February 24, 2020

When a project is calling your name!

These new projects sure can shout your name loudly! This particular project has to be done by a specific date...and since it's a wedding sampler, it really does have to be done by a specific date! I managed to talk myself out of finishing off the wolves design before starting this one....not that there was much argument, or in fact, much talking! This wedding sampler, with all it's wonderful colours, was practically launching itself into the sewing basket!


This design may look familiar as I stitched it last year for my friend's daughter. Luckily I had matched the threads in the kit with DMC threads as I knew I would want to re-stitch  the design. Here's what it will look like when I finish it.....


The only difference is that this time I'm stitching it on white aida as I didn't have any cream aida in my stash. 

Wednesday, which has become my favourite day of the week,  saw the release of week eight of Peppermint Purple's year long blackwork SAL. Another lovely design was added....


The last few weeks have been hard to get a picture as it's been so grey and dull. Today, it's hard to get a picture because it's so bright!


In case anyone wants to join in, the patterns are all free and can be found on the Peppermint Purple Facebook page.

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

9 comments:

Katie said...

Oh I love that wedding piece. It will be fun to watch it grow again. Great work on the blackwork SAL.

beadgirl said...

I'm seeing the Peppermint Purple SAL all over; I might succumb and join in.

Irene said...

bellissimi Rhona, mi piace il colore che hai usato per il SAL

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

The Happily Ever After is an amazing stitch kit. I remember when you stitched the previous one. What a lovely gift this will be.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a beautiful Wedding Sampler. I do like a nice bit of Typography!
The blackwork Sampler is lovely too, I'm enjoying all the different versions.

Mary said...

The wedding piece is gorgeous and the blackwork "blues" are so pretty, how nice to challenge yourself with new stitches.

Rachel said...

At least this time you won't run out of threads for the Wedding Sampler! This is a really gorgeous design and I hope you enjoy stitching it as much the second time as you did the first. :)

Mary said...

Love your color choice for Peppermint Purple's SAL. I love your Happily Ever After finish and wip.

Astrids dragon said...

That is such a beautiful sampler, lovely start especially when you have the threads on hand.