Monday, May 4, 2020

Not a finish in sight!

What a strange week it's been! I think this quarantine/isolation thing is beginning to get to me.....I had plenty of crafty things (and deadlines!) to keep me occupied and busy, but for this first time since this virus hit, I couldn't concentrate on anything. So many things I wanted to do but just could not find the motivation to do anything. So instead of stressing about it, I just accepted that my week wasn't going to have much to show at the end of it....and in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter.

My needle did see some action and I managed to do a bit more of the peppermint Purple SAL....


....I'm so mixed up with the days, that I always think that I'm caught up with this only to realize that a new block has been released :)  Hopefully I'll do this last block before Wednesday's new release! Here's what it all looks like so far....


My copy of World of Cross Stitching magazine arrived and I thought the little free kit would be a good quick stitch to get done as it was my son-in-law's birthday and we all know how hard it is to find a design to stitch for a male. Even changing the banner stitches from full cross stitch to half cross stitch, I still didn't get it done in time......I really was having a bad week! Luckily I keep a stash of cards for emergencies such as this and Joe didn't go without a birthday card......he did have to go without a birthday hug, but we do have to all keep safe.


When I do finish this design, it will go into my stash of cards. Anyone else keep a stash of cards on hand for emergencies?

If you're needing a free chart so you can add to your card stash, click here and here for my cute little mouse freebies. I'm aiming to have another one stitched up for next week....so do come back to see the next little mouse in this series.

Hope you are all managing to stay safe and well, and thanks for popping in to my little corner of blog land.

Until next time.....happy stitching.

Rhona


8 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The blackwork SAL is growing nicely. The card is very nice too. I have a stash of greetings cards but not stitched ones! Hubby has a lot of nieces, nephews and great nieces so there is always a need for a card!

Rachel said...

The SAL is growing nicely and looking so delicate in your chosen blue. Nevermind that you didn't have a little finish; with the birthday card and another mouse it seems you will be doubling up this week. :)

Mary said...

I have a stash of cards but not cross stitched ones. I think its very generous of you to give stitched cards! The BD one is very sweet, that banner took quite a bit of time! The first few weeks of lockdown I couldn't concentrate on anything but I'm better now. I'm sure flitting from this to that will happen again. The enormity of this virus is alot to handle. Stay well.

Katie said...

I had several weeks like that at the start of this whole thing. It's just crazy. Stitching is there for us to take away our stress and it's weird to not be able to focus enough to stitch. Hope your concentration comes back very quickly. Beautiful work on the SAL and love your new piece. No I don't have a stash of cards but I guess I should.

Faith... said...

What a cute little chart you stitched there. Your SAL is coming along nicely.

Mini said...

Its ok not to be productive all the time. Blackwork SAL is looking good.
I keep printed birthday cards for sending out not cross stitched ones.

Cathy said...

I've had days and weeks like that too, but I'm in a good place today. Your Peppermint Purple SAL is growing nicely and I still love that color.

I do keep a stash of both regular and cross stitched cards--the ones I do from the free cover kits.

Astrids dragon said...

Any stitch is a good stitch, so do what you can.
I'm still loving the blue in the SAL, it looks great.
I am not that organized to have a card stash, but that's great that you do!