Monday, June 29, 2020

From pale and subtle to bright and bold!

It's been hot and humid here which makes doing almost anything really hard. Stitching and crocheting (especially a blanket!) don't really go well with the humidity. The threads and needle (or wool and hook!) become sticky and don't go through the fabric (or previous crocheted rows) smoothly. So there's not much progress to show this week. 

The wolves design probably doesn't look different from the last time you saw it....half cross stitch using one strand of pale blue doesn't really show up on the pale grey aida, and the camera certainly doesn't pick up the subtle detail but at least I can mark it off on the chart and feel like I'm making progress...


 ...more trees and the start of another wolf...


...and like those wolves, I keep plodding along!


Late in the evening, when it's a tad cooler, I try to do ate least one row of crocheting. This is such a bright, colourful blanket and I can't help but smile when I start working on it....the colours are so cheerful!  


What a contrast to the subtle cool colours of the wolves!

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

6 comments:

Mary said...

The wolves are coming along nicely and the sky is so pretty. I admire anyone who takes on a full coverage stitch!! Pretty cheerful colors on your blanket! Hope it cools down for you.

Sasha said...

I love bright colors, and I have to say I LOVE the blanket! It makes me smile!

Faith... said...

I think the wolves look fantastic. The color do look pretty and bright together.

Rachel said...

It's definitely hard to stitch in warmer weather, although stitching the blues of the wintery scene hopefully made you feel a bit cooler. The blanket looks like a really fun project and definitely something to brighten up the day. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is definitely a contrast! The wolves is a lovely cool project but the blanket is awesome, I love rainbow colours.

Astrids dragon said...

I still love seeing the wolves even though it's hard to see the progress.
The blanket IS so colourful, one row at a time is still great!