Monday, July 13, 2020

It's the little things that make me happy!

Only fellow stitchers will understand my sheer delight in being able to buy a skein of thread to finish a project. Today I felt like I'd hit the jackpot at being able to purchase a $2 skein of thread....it really doesn't take much to make me happy! I practically skipped form the craft store to my car (and I have to admit, that I have probably never spent so little at the craft store!!!)

So what thread did I buy? The elusive DMC4237,  which means that I can now get back to stitching the PeppermintPurple SAL....


Guess what I'll be working on tonight?!! :)

And for those who want to start their Halloween stitching,  I  just received my copy of the Just CrossStitch Halloween collectors issue 2020 which has not one, not two, but three of my Halloween designs in it.....along with loads of other gorgeous designs. The first one is the Witch bookmark...


......then we have the Little Miss Witchy....


I want to give a shout out to  Sharon Thompson and  Shirley Meyer, who stitched and finished the Little Miss Witchy design.

Then there's this designs (just in case you forget what date Halloween is!!! ☺ )


And since I stitched the bookmark and the Oct 31st, I can officially say that I started my Halloween stitching early.....which, as you know, that's unusual for me.

Until next time, stay safe, stay well, and happy stitching!

Rhona





5 comments:

Cathy said...

Ooh, I like all three designs so I'll have to locate a copy of the magazine. And I'm glad you were finally able to find the floss necessary to finish your SAL.

Maggie said...

I totally get your excitement :-) I have been looking for a particular colour thread which I found out was discontinued and was so happy to find an online shop had some old stock of it, you can imagine how big my grin was when it came in the post a day later :-)

Love your Halloween designs x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great news on getting the elusive thread!
I've got my copy of the Hallowe'en issue on order. I love your designs. The 31st October would look great on different coloured fabrics.

Faith... said...

Congrats on the score of floss! More importantly, congratulations on three of your designs being featured in the Halloween magazine. Each one is cute and now I have another reason in the buy it column, so I guess I will go order it now!

Astrids dragon said...

Great that you found your thread, it's a beautiful colour too.
My friend was telling me about how she really likes the magazine this year, your three additions are adorable! I might just have to get it this year.