Monday, August 3, 2020

Happy August!

I can hardly believe that it's August already, even though we are stuck at home because of the pandemic, this year seems to be flying by.

So what have I been working on this week? Well, first up to be worked on was the rainbow coloured crochet blanket......I finished the main body of the blanket and was really excited about having completed that part then realized that I probably should have been weaving in the ends as I went along instead of leaving them until the end.....


....so....many...ends! I decided not to put off the finishing and to just to get on with it. Armed with a large cuppa I dived in and started weaving and snipping...


...one cuppa later (and my eyes probably looked a bit like my mug ☺) one side was done. It was definitely a three cuppa project! I forgot to take a picture of all the ends when I had completely finished....I was just so glad to have it done!

Once that was done it was simply a case of crocheting a ruffle border all round and....insert trumpet fanfare here.......


...one finished blanket! I love it. The bright rainbow colours are so cheerful and I can't help but smile when I look at it.

I finally got caught up (well almost!) with the Peppermint Purple SAL....


...I will certainly finish this block off tonight in time for the release of the new chart block tomorrow.

And since it's August, I have decided to start working on some Christmas projects! Nothing like stitching winter/Christmas designs in 90 degree heat 😅. Hopefully by starting early I will avoid my usual last minute panic trying to get things finished in time. 


Anyone else started their Christmas stitching? And I'm curious to know what Christmas stitching people like to do....do you make cards or ornaments....or something completely different? Let me know what you like to stitch so that I can work on some free Christmas charts to give away.

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

9 comments:

Mary said...

Your throw is so colorful and the ruffled border is a nice touch. Great progress on the SAL and I enjoy stitching ornaments.

RJ said...

Rhona, I love your colorful and very pretty blanket. The ruffled edge makes it so special. Your SAL looks great...love the color. Can't wait to see your newest patterns for Christmas. Have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Cathy said...

That's a colorful blanket. Weaving the ends in is like backstitching, it's much easier to do it a little at a time!

I stitch Christmas all year long, usually small items for cards or ornaments. I'm looking forward to see what you come up with.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on finishing your rainbow blanket and almost catching up with the blackwork SAL. Now you've shown more of it in one picture, the difference between the two skeins of thread is hardly noticeable. Good luck for August. :)

Faith... said...

That blanket is very pretty! The SAL looks great too. I was just looking at charts today for ornaments but haven't made a final decision yet!

Sheryl said...

Gorgeous blanket, what lovely bright colours. Good idea to start thinking about Christmas stitching, after August the months just seem to disappear until Xmas.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The blanket looks lovely, I like Cathy's comparison to backstitch too.
I've been finishing some Christmas smalls, I scrapbooked them. I have some cross stitch and beaded ornies to hang on the tree but most of the pictorial ones go in my scrapbook.

Astrids dragon said...

The blanket turned out beautifully, gorgeous colours!
Your SAL is coming along nicely, I love the varigated blue.
I haven't start Christmas stitching yet, but when I do it will most likely be ornaments as gifts.

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Rhona,
Your blanket looks lovely, especially the ruffle border, it finishes it beautifully! Love the SAL what a labour of love!
I don’t really stitch much for Christmas, but I’d love to stitch some tiny Christmas cards for all my Christmas list ..... nothing too big because I don’t know that the recipients would keep them or love them like we stitchers do!
Looking forward to seeing your Christmas stitching grow.
Hugs,
Barbara xx