One of my goals for June was to have the ground stitched around the Samurai's feet. Mission accomplished! (Other than the parts that I am waiting for thread from Dimensions). This is how it looks.
So, the goal for July is to move back to the top of the design and have the trees backstitched and also the Samurai's face backstitched. Of course, not being one to follow the rules (even though they are my own!) I decided to start stitching the metallics. As I have mentioned before, probably several times, I hate stitching with metallics. It never seems to end up very neat when I do it....other people's stitching still looks good, but mine, not so good. What makes it even harder is that it is so hot and humid here just now, and the metallics seem to just drag through the material. The chart calls for two strands of metallics and one strand of regular thread, and I always seem to have a bump of metallic thread in each stitch. I think for the sake of my sanity I will have to do very small sections of the metallic stitching! Someone suggested putting the metallic threads in the fridge as that helped.......sounds a bit weird, but I'm willing to try anything! I will let you know if it helps.
This is the small section that I managed to stitch.
The metallic part didn't show up terribly well on the photo, but it's around the collar and part of the motif on his chest. Also a few stitches on his head....
I promise to try not to grumble too much about the metallics!
Anyway, I'm off to finish off a commission I have for the magazine Cross Stitch Crazy for some Christmas designs....quite literally Christmas in July!!
Thanks for stopping by.
Until next time....happy stitching!