So here's each block...
...and if you're counting, you'll realize that there's one missing! I didn't take a picture of the finished purple cup 'Rooibos'....oops!(That was the one that I unpicked and changed the colours)
And here it is in all its glory...
Doesn't it look wonderful!? I'm really pleased with how this turned out....it looks even better than it does on the picture on the kit.
So here's the details and my thoughts of the kit as I know several readers were looking for the kit.
The kit is by Design Works .
Number JAS-047 #2596
Design by Krista Hamrick
- Large black and white chart.
- Clear instructions.
- Nice bright vibrant colours.
- DMC numbers were listed ( but didn't quite match, but helped when trying to figure out what thread was what colour...see cons)
- I thought the fabric was a little too short...I prefer the fabric to be 2 or 3 inches larger than the design (For large designs like this, smaller ones don't need quite so much!)
- Threads did not come pre-sorted. Trying to figure out which was gold, brown and rust etc was a bit tricky.
- I ran out of black thread....luckily black is one that you don't have to match, so it wasn't really a problem!
- the picture on the front of the kit looks like a computer generated simulation....a picture of the finished stitching would have been so much better....might also improve sales?!!!
Anyway...I loved stitching this piece and I'm so pleased with how it turned out. Now I just have to get it framed and give it to my Dad!
Until next time...happy stitching!