Monday, August 13, 2018

I'm back!

 You'd think after a holiday/vacation I'd be raring to go, but I think I need another holiday to get over this holiday! We went back to Scotland with my daughter and her new husband as we were supposed to be celebrating their wedding with our families, but since both grandfathers died very recently, the celebrations were a bit more low key than originally planned.  We celebrated with my mother-in-law and gave her the fidget quilt that I had made for her....it was a huge hit! She  loved the fact that I had made her something, and she sat and fiddled with it all through the evening at the restaurant. I forgot to take a picture of her with it, but here's some close ups of how it looked when finished...



......I disguised my less than perfect joins with a cute little flower button..


 ....and added larger buttons on the Velcro flaps...


....as you can see.....lots of bits and pieces to fiddle with....


I took my seashell stitching with me, but didn't get very much done....


Of course, no trip back to the UK would be complete without purchasing at least one cross stitch magazine! Here's the stitching of free gift that came with this month's issue of Cross Stitch Crazy (issue 246)....


Most of the stitching was done on the plane and included lots of tangled threads on the back since I didn't have anything to cut the threads with!  Thank heavens you can't see the back of the stitching.....


....my first Christmas card for this year is complete! Isn't it cute? The design is by Helz Cuppleditch and you can find more of her work at her website here.

So now it's time to catch up on all my blog reading. Thanks for popping by....and do please  leave a comment, I love to hear from you :)

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona


7 comments:

Preeti said...

Cute card finish! Your fidget quilt is looking great. Glad to know your mother-in-law was pleased to receive and found it interesting to keep her busy.

Manuela said...

The little penguin is very cute.
The quilt is a wonderful gift.
Manuela

Mii Stitch said...

Great work on the blanket and I love the cute little penguin Christmas card!

Katie said...

I'm not surprised she loved the quilt. What a beautiful thing to make for her. I still just love that seashell piece but the penguin is just adorable too.

RJ said...

Rhona, I love the lap quilt you made for your MIL. And I'm so happy she loved it too. It will give her many hours of entertainment and how nice that she loved you made it for her. Your shell stitch is coming along great and I love your little snowman...he's adorable. Great holiday card already done. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

FlashinScissors said...

Sounds like you had a great visit.
So happy to hear your MIL was delighted with the little quilt you made especially for her!
A shame you weren’t able to stitch much on your seashell piece but you made up for it with that cute little Christmas penguin!
He’s such a darling!
Hugs,
Barbara x

Helen Philipps said...

Glad you had a good trip Rhonda. Your fidget quilt is lovely and so full of nice textures and embellishments. Love your seashells ....such a beautiful design, and your little card is the perfect start to festive makes! Xxx