Monday, December 9, 2013

Trusting in the postal services!

I've got my fingers firmly crossed that both the US and the UK postal services will be able to deliver my little niece her appliqued stocking in time for her to hang it up for Santa visiting. Being that she's not even one year old yet, I doubt if it will bother her too much if the postal services fail! Heehee!

Here's her stocking, it's the third (and last) stocking that I have made this year...


Phew, I'm glad there's no more sequins and beads to be stitched....those beading needles are such a pain to thread!

With all the felt applique that I have been doing over the last few weeks, I have been experiencing serious cross stitch withdrawal symptoms! So, while I was on holiday I bought a small kit to stitch. I started working on this while I was in Scotland and now that I am back home and have finished the last of the stockings, I can now finish of this festive hanging...



The kit contains a decorative hanger and some small jingly bells. I'm looking forward to being able to get some more stitching done....and maybe have a finish before the end of the year.

And speaking of festive stitching, here's some of my designs that are in this months Card Shop magazine...


Cross Stitch Card Shop Issue 93
Immediate Media Co.

...unfortunately there's no way that I'll have enough time to stitch any of them for this year's cards....ah well, there's always next year!

Until next time...happy stitching!


Rhona

7 comments:

Lija Broka said...

A big serious good luck for the postage ... I never have faith in the British one. It is gorgeous design! And hopefully it will be hanging and waiting for Santa presents.Those are very nice cards. I might need to buy the magazine ... for next Christmas too. But maybe they can be converted into ornaments instead. I might actually stitch some next year. Not big on stitched cards ... takes too long and not that many appreciate them. Can you imagine stitching something so lovely and someone just throwing it out after Christmas.

♥ Nia said...

I love your stockings :) all so gorgeous! Wonderful work :)
Lovely designs! Congrats on your work sweetie!

Mii Stitch said...

Good luck with the postal delivery!! Hope you'll finish your lovely Christmas project soon. It looks adorable!

Valma said...

Wow ! what a job you made on this sticking again !
it is a wonderful piece !!!
I sincerely hope everything will go well with the postage :)
happy stitching
xxxx

Pull the other thread said...

Love those stockings, they look so much fun. Really like the cardinal kit, so sweet. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with it.

Unknown said...

that stocking is fantastic, so bright and cheerful. i really hope it lands in time for your niece.

have a happy Christmas and hope Santa brings you lots of stitchy goodies xx

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

beautiful designs :D I always love how your cross stitch looks!