Monday, December 2, 2013

Phew!!! I'm back!

Sorry for the sudden and unannounced absence. As usual all plans are tossed to the wind when life starts throwing you lemons!

My plan had been to write a couple of blog posts and let blogger do it's magic by scheduling them to appear while I was away on holiday. Then the lemons started to appear leaving me with only the Thursday morning to write the posts...and since we didn't leave till lunch time, it seemed quite do-able. So I was up bright and early on Thursday morning, all ready to do the last of the packing and write these blog posts. A quick check of the weather and emails and all was well.......until I looked at the airport departure boards to discover that the one and only flight to be cancelled from out local airport was , yeah you've guessed it...the one we needed to be able to catch the international flight. So, all hell broke loose as we tried figure out the quickest way to get to Newark airport. To cut a long story short we ended up catching several trains and making it just in the nick of time to board our plane. And that dear friends, is why there were no scheduled posts.

Anyway, we had a fantastic time. We spent a week with family in Scotland. I gave my niece the two stockings for her little boys. Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera the day I gave her the stockings. I'm sure she'll send me a picture of the two kiddos with their stockings nearer to Christmas.I was still working on the second one in my last post, but here it is completed....



And here's both of them together...


I'm working on a third one for my other little niece (I'm just a glutton for punishment!!) I had wanted to do a one that was a bit more girlie, but the store didn't have a great selection. I was going to order one on-line, but surprisingly they were more expensive on-line! So, because of the cost and the fact that delivery would take approximately a week (and I'm rapidly running out of time), I decided just to do the one with the three snowman again. So I'm busy working on that so that I can get it posted off to her in time for Christmas. I'm just hoping that the Christmas mail doesn't take too long!

Anyway, after our week in Scotland, it was off to Prague to visit our daughter, Eirinn. And now I understand why she doesn't want to come home....it's such a beautiful city. She marched us everywhere so that we could see as much of the city as possible. We walked so much that I had to have my boots re-heeled!

Here's some pics of our trip...


At the John Lennon wall.




 The cathedral in Prague castle.

And now you'll have to tilt your head to the left as for some strange reason, blogger is not showing the next couple of pics the right way up!

The Astronomical Clock in the Old Town square...


Close up of the clock...



Eirinn and me at the top of the tower...


Charles Bridge and Prague castle at night...


Definitely a city worth visiting and I'd love to go again....just have to save up more pennies!

So now I have to get back to the normal routine and catch up with all my blog reading.... it may take me a while!

Thanks for visiting.

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

7 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Love the stockings and it sounds like you had an amazing time in spite of the issues with the flights.

butterfly said...

Great Stocking and photos. Looks like you had some fun.

Ariadne said...

I have been to Prague and think the same!I am glad you enjoyed yourself!AriadnefromGreece!

Unknown said...

Amazing pictures! Your boots are gorgeous! :D Have a nice week!

Melissa said...

Amazing pics, and sooooooo happy that you made the flight. There is nothing worse than finding out your flight has been cancelled!! Holy cow.

Thanks for sharing :)

Melissa

♥ Nia said...

Welcome back!! :D Looks like you had a great time, wonderful pictures :D
Your stocking looks fantastic! Amazing work :D Congrats, truly beautiful, both :)
Hugs&smiles to you!!!

Helen Philipps said...

Welcome back! Your trip sounds wonderful,(after the first bit!!) and I loved your pictures of Prague. The stockings will be treasured, I'm sure, they are really special.
Happy December, Rhona!
Helen x