Monday, September 25, 2017

Gosh....how did that happen?!!!


Even although I seem to be making such slow progress with Etudes aux Fraises, I have suddenly realized that I'm actually very close to completing this design! I think I have been so engrossed in each bit that I haven't taken the time to notice the complete picture....which, as you can see, is almost done!


I have been working on the middle leaf and the unripe/faded strawberry at the top...


....and suddenly, the end seems so much nearer than I was thinking! This design does have some back stitch, but not too much....how exciting (for me anyway!!!)


Suddenly I feel a renewed sense of vigor for getting this completed :)

Another project that is on my to-stitch list is this one from The World of Cross Stitching magazine...


Although this design is in this months issue of The World Of Cross Stitching which just popped through the letterbox  (actually it was popped into my mail box as we don't have letterboxes here in New York!!!) I could have been stitching this one a while ago as I've known about this for quite a few months..... it's one of my designs! I love how the team at the magazine have finished off the stitching....the wooden spoon hanger is just perfect, don't you think?

And I have to share with you the mystery of the vanishing tomatoes! I have a couple of tomato plants outside on the patio, but the tomatoes kept disappearing! I would be watching for the tomatoes to ripen, anticipating the days that they would be ready to eat, but then many of them seemed to just disappear!  And then I noticed this....




Well, at least he's eating healthy!

Until next time....happy stitching!
Rhona

10 comments:

Daffycat said...

Those strawberries sure are pretty!

Holy moly! That chipmunk is a chowhound!

Kate said...

What a surprise to see the chipmunk with a tomato. Now I know where mine disappeared to last year - thanks for solving the mystery. :)

RJ said...

I love how pretty those strawberries are turning out, Rhona. How fantastic to see your design on the cover of a magazine...the spoon hanging is adorable and a great idea. And what a strong little chipmunk to be pulling that big tomato. Lucky him to be able to eat such a tasty treat. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Preeti said...

The strawberries look yummy and beautiful ! I have seen your design and it is lovely. I hope the chipmunk will share the tomatoes with you :)

Mii Stitch said...

What a cheeky chipmunk!!!
At least someone is enjoying the fresh tomatoes :D
Beautiful work on the strawberries, it looks so close to a finish.

Mary said...

Rhona!! Congratulations on your pattern on the magazine!! I love how they finished it with the spoon hanging, that is just perfect!!! Love the colors and the saying. What a thrill it must be to see one of your patterns in a magazine.
That little chipmunk is smart, pulled a nice ripe one to dine on too!!

Happy Stitching, Mary

Stitching Noni said...

Your strawberries look lovely - almost done! :o)
What a cute little fellow - good to see that he likes your tomatoes - shame that he hasn't left any for you to try! :o)

Justine said...

I love your design - must stitch that one to wave at my children who are going through a picky phase at the moment!

Your strawberries look delicious. I love that feeling when you realise you're further along than you thought!

StitchyDragon Creates said...

Wow your strawberries have really grown! You're definitely on the home straight now :-) Loved your WOCS design as soon as I saw it in the mag, another one hits the to stitch pile lol Those tomatoes look very juicy, hope you get to try some yourself before they're all gone! Ours have just started ripening in the last few weeks - another summer up here with not enough sun for their liking, I really wonder sometimes why Hubbie keeps persevering with them each year?!! Have a great week,
Helen

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on the strawberries, it's funny how finishes sneak up on you sometimes!
Nice work on the magazine piece, I like the way they've displayed it too.
Love the little chipmunk, I'd rather have the cute critter than the tomatoes!