Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Blue birds

The blue threads are still on the go.....I'm still managing to use them without pulling my hair out.....well, not yet anyway!

This is where I was last week on the bluebird design...



....and this is my progress as of today....

  
We now have a Mrs Blue Bird! I feel like I have really progressed this week....and it feels good!

I also managed to get loads done on the crochet shark. My daughter was supposed to bring over some black yarn she had at her house so that I didn't have to go and buy a whole ball just for a few little bits on the shark...the eyes and gills.....but guess what she forgot to bring....yup, the one thing I needed! So here's my not-so-little shark (minus eyes and gills!)...


And I've just noticed that I've chopped off his fin in the picture! He measures about 22 inches long. When I picked up the book (Crocheted Sea Creatures by Vanessa Mooncie)  in the craft store, I had assumed that the creatures would be quite small - probably about half the size that they are.....I really should read things more carefully before I buy them....although I  still would have bought the book anyway! Hopefully I'll have the eyes etc completed by the next post :)

Since I don't have much to show you today, I thought I'd give you a little glimpse of what I'm working on....of course, it's top secret and I can't tell you what it is until it's published....but suffice to say, I'm having fun and am  doing something that's quite different from what I normally do.....it still involves threads and fabrics.....


....just not the fabric that usually work with!

Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

12 comments:

Tamra said...

The bird piece is beautiful. Great progress!

RJ said...

I love your stitching Rhona. The blue is so soothing and pretty. This is going to be such a wonderful stitch. The shark is adorable! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Mii Stitch said...

Well you have made huge progress on the blue birds. They are coming along beautifully.

butterfly said...

Love the blue bird stitching .
Your shark is so cute.
Have a lovely day.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

That blue bird is so cute 😀 and yur shark looks very awesome.

Preeti said...

Beautiful stitching, you made a great progress:) Cute shark! You can use fingering weight yarn to get smaller size finish. Most books usually assume DK or higher weight yarns. For smaller parts, if they are not too complicated, even six strands of black stitching cotton can be used in place of black yarn. Can't wait to see your new project, it is always nice to try different things.

Mary said...

Wonderful progress on those beautiful blue birds!! Such a cute shark and looking forward to seeing what your new project will be, a quilt maybe?

Katie said...

Fantastic progress! Glad the blues are driving you mad yet. I just LOVE your shark. So adorable!! I wish I could do them. Just so not a talent I have. I'm curious to what your new project is. Good luck with it!

Wendy said...

the bluebirds are lovely! The shark is fab too!

♥ Nia said...

Wow! It is big :D hehehehe You can always try to change for a smaller yarn and hook ;) I usually make my amigurumi with 2,5mm hook and everything turns quite small ;) Which size did you use for your shark? :)

Justine said...

Great progress on the bluebirds! You could use 6 strands of thread and a needle to give the shark his eyes. He looks awesome!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Your Blue Bird is so pretty...I really love him...he is so cute and so adorable. Of Course Blue is my favorite color.

I am anxious to see what your next project is going to be that you are working on and can't show anything yet.

Happy Stitching
Linda K, Buttercup