Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A day late!

Ooops...I'm a day late in posting but I'm hoping that you'll forgive me when you find out why....please, please, please say you will!

I had planned to write this blog post yesterday after I had been to see the doctor about my knee. What I thought was going to be a quick visit turned into an all day session waiting for X-rays.....and what made it even more painful (not the knee, but the whole waiting thing) was that I hadn't picked up any stitching to take with me! I have a tin full of small freebie kits that are perfect for popping into your bag for just such occasions, but for some reason I didn't even think a bout taking one with me. Typical.....I could have finished about half of my stash while I was waiting!

So, onto what I did mange to stitch last week......

 .
.....some more of the blue birds. I'm down to the bottom half of the design and onto the lettering so I feel as though I'm 'getting there'....although there's still loads to stitch on the main design and also all the border.

Feeling rather guilty, I picked up the cardinal design and added some more stitches to that....


......although I must confess that there weren't that many stitches added.The black fabric is stiff and hard and really not pleasant to work on, but it's such a pretty design! My original plan had been to wok on this one once a week, but as you can tell, that just hasn't happened!

I added another couple of rounds on my crochet blanket. It's hard to get a good picture of it....I really must take note on how other people photograph their blankets and see if I can get something a bit more interesting to show you :)



So that's all my progress for this weeks post. Thanks for popping by....and do please leave a comment....I love hearing from you!

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona




14 comments:

RJ said...

Rhona I know exactly how you feel when you get somewhere and have a long wait and you wonder why in the world did I not pack up a stitch to do during the wait. I do love your bluebirds..you are almost there and it is looking gorgeous. Your cardinal is going to be so lovely as well. What is the name of that pattern ... can you show us a photo of it by any chance? And your crochet is perfect...perfect color and perfect design. I would say you had a great week and got alot accomplished. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Aďka said...

Krásne vyšívanie, teším sa na tie modré vtáky.Čakanie u lekára je na dlho aj u nás :-)
Prajem pekný večer,
A.

Shami Immanuel said...

Great progress on the blue birds. Yes its too difficult to work on black aida. I once gave up on a big project. Crochet blanket is also coming up nicely.

Mini said...

Sorry about the troubles at the doctor's. Nice progress on the projects. I like how the colors pop on black fabric.

Kay said...

The birds are looking amazing, I am always impressed when people work with lots of the same colours, the effect is great but it can be easy to lose your way. Hope your knee gets sorted. x

butterfly said...


Your Blue birds are looking great , so is your new start .
Love the colours on your Crochet blanket.

Maggie said...

I've never worked on black fabric but imagine it could be hard on the eyes, I would like to try it one day though. The colours you are using look very striking on the black.
The yarn in your blanket looks so soft.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Beautiful Stitching...Love your WIPS....Your Afghan is so pretty too...love the colors of the yarn.

Happy Stitching - Happy Crocheting

Linda K, Buttercup

Preeti said...

Beautiful stitching ! Your crochet blanket looks pretty.

Justine said...

I think your blanket looks gorgeous, such a pretty pattern. The bluebirds are coming along so well! I agree with you about the "wasted" waiting time, I've done that too and it's so annoying!

Irene said...

oh Rhona, spero che tu stia meglio e che il ginocchio non faccia male. I tuoi ricami procedono bene!

Helen Philipps said...

Your bluebirds design looks so pretty....the lettering will be lovely! And the cardinals will be a stunning piece too. Love your crochet blanket very much. I know what you mean about waiting around and doing nothing!! It is torture for us crafters!xox

Katie said...

I hope you got good news after all that waiting. I've done the same thing. Forgot to grab my stitching. Your blue birds and cardinal are just beautiful. The cardinal looks gorgeous on the black so it will be worth the pain I think.

Pull the other thread said...

Great progress on your pieces, the blue birds are stunning. What a clever idea to have small kits that you can just grab when heading out to something tedious, sorry to hear that you missed a good stitching opportunity. Hope all went well with the hospital visit even without the stitching.