Monday, February 12, 2018

Happily feeling blue!

I'm still staying positive about the blues in the Love Birds design......


...it's a bit boring but also quite easy to stitch....not too much concentration required....and it's nice to see it progress....maybe not as quickly as I would like! I keep seeing so many other designs that I would like to start.... no doubt you can relate to my plight :) 

Another few rounds were put into my crochet blanket.....


...it's hard to photograph it so that the pattern shows. It's really nice now that  it's getting bigger that the yarn colour change is taking place almost on each row now. This is another easy project to crochet and doesn't need too much concentration, so it's great to work on while watching the TV.... now that I've said that, I'll probably make a huge mistake and notice it and end up unraveling it all!

My starteritis seems to have  been cured....not sure if I'm coming down with finishing-it-off-itis as I do have a couple of finished finishes (if that makes sense!!!) Here's the little teddy stitching that I posted about a couple of weeks ago all finished and made into a card.....


And then there was another piece that I stitched wayyyyyy back before Christmas and was languishing at the bottom of my stitching basket......


...yay.....another finish....at least one person will be getting a stitched Christmas card this year :)

Who knows what other things might be finished off this week if the finishing-it-off-itis takes hold!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

11 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Those blue birds are growing nicely with the blues--great job!!
And I just love the colors in that blanket you are doing--I am a knitter--but you do make me want to pick up a crochet hook and make one too--
great finishes--
enjoy, di

MartinaM said...

So sweet the blue birds, i love them. Nice are the cards, so you always have something to give away.
Hugs Martina

butterfly said...

Love the Bluebirds they are so sweet.
Well done on all your finished cards

Preeti said...

You are certainly happily getting along with blue and both projects are looking beautiful:) Congrats on the card finishes, they are cute!

Mini said...

The blue birds and blue crochet both are beautiful. I love FFOing my projects, it gives me such satisfaction. Both the cards are cute.

Mary said...

Blue birds is coming along nicely, I like to do the tedious fill in parts when I'm tired and don't have to concentrate. Love your blue blanket but I'm really amazed that you stitch cards! That is so much effort, I certainly hope they are appreciated. They are just darling and my favorite is that adorable rabbit! Mary

Katie said...

The beautiful birds are coming along. Keep it up. Love your two cards. So pretty.

Justine said...

Those cards are so pretty, a great idea to have them ready for the perfect occasion. I love the bluebirds, what a relaxing and calming colour to stitch with!

RJ said...

Rhona your bluebirds look fantastic. I love that blue color. It's coming along so well. Your cards are so pretty...you are so good making them stand out. RJ

Maggie said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, now I've found your lovely blog too :-)
The blue birds are just lovely, and the cards too, are they a kit? I haven't seen cards with a cut out like that.
Pretty colours for your crochet blanket, and I know what you mean about starteritis, I am trying so hard this year to only have a couple of projects on the go at one time, but it's so hard when you see such wonderful things on blogs!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The bluebirds are progressing nicely.

The cover kits look good too, it is nice to get some of them stitched and finished instead of stashed in a shoebox!