Tuesday, March 13, 2018

More blue!

Blue, blue, blue.......arghhhh, it's beginning to get to me, all that blue and no other colour to break up the monotony.

Not much progress to show as there were a few nights that I didn't manage to stitch and nothing at all done over the weekend.....how unlike me!

Here's how the blue birds are looking now....




I'll be glad when this one is completed!

A few evenings I didn't manage to get any stitching done for one reason or another, and I really missed stitching. I really felt like I had wasted the time (even though I am moaning about the blue threads!)  I guess our stitching hobby really is addictive.....so addictive that this happens....



....... you see a waffle chip and think "I can stitch that!"

This, I must add, was not my doing. This was from a Facebook post by a page called  'I Craft Because Punching People Is Frowned Upon' which I wanted to share with you as I thought it was so funny. Hope you do to.๐Ÿ˜

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

10 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

that's just wrong I like to eat my chips not that desperite

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I know that you can do it--finish those blue birds--you are so close now--I know that you can see the end in sight--so grab that needle and get to it!!!!
I finally finished a long counted cross stitching myself today--I had wondered if I would really get it done-mine had alot of white in it--but it is done--now though there is 2 more already in the series and the author should be coming out with at least 2 more yet--like the spring one--!!!
enjoy, di

RJ said...

LOL! I like to stitch and eat chips so I never want to punch anyone! Love how the bluebirds are coming along. I know you are tired of the blue but oh they are going to be so pretty when you are all done. Have you decided how you are going to finish this stitch? I'm doing a stitch all in black right now and I know what you mean about never changing color. But as always I love this stitch. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

StitchyDragon Creates said...

You are doing so well on those pretty blue birds - looks like you are almost there? I agree stitching can be addictive! There are definitely times when I can’t stitch that my stitchy bug lets me know how disappointed he is and other times when he doesn’t mind having a little rest ๐Ÿ˜‰ that chip cracked me up! I’d forgotten momentarily about waffle chips & my first thought was - “someone punched regular holes in a chip just so they could stitch it? How far from a Michaels would you have to live to be that desperate for something to stitch on!” ๐Ÿ˜‚ have a great week,
Helen

Preeti said...

No idea what to say about your blue project, choose your option :)
a) Don't worry, it will be over soon
b) You are almost there, you can do it!

Chip-stitching looks funny and the quote as well :D but I can't take the trouble of making holes at the time of frustration rather I would do it as a creative thing when I have free time to make something different.

Irene said...

la patatina!! Pazzesco, รจ divertente! Bellissimo il tuo ricamo

Justine said...

Keep going you're so nearly there! Maybe you need another small project just to break up the monotony of the blues? I really love it and it will be worth all the effort I'm sure.

I have seen cross stitching on cars and on a back door (holes punched into the metal/wood) and it looked fantastic...not sure about stitching on crisps though!

Astrids dragon said...

But the birds in blue look great, so close!
I can’t believe that chip didn’t break apart, I couldn’t have done that!

Mini said...

I must confess I love the blues in this project. You can do it !

Katie said...

I don't blame you for getting sick of it but it's so beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished up just like you I'm sure. LOL at the chip. I think the person might be a little addicted haha.