Thursday, December 12, 2019

Advent blog hop....Day 12.

Welcome to my little corner of blog land and to day 12 of the Advent Blog Hop organized by the wonderful Jo of Serendipitous Stitching.

Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year....busy and hectic but always full of love. I always plan to stitch a host of gifts for everyone on my list....but by December there's only three or four people actually receiving hand made gifts from me - I'm just not organized enough! 

I have made some cross stitch Christmas cards to send this year.....




Quick and easy ......except for the back stitch on some of them!

I love this ornament that I made several years ago....it always makes me smile when I bring it out at this time of year...




Now as for Jo's question of favorite Christmas movie.......I don't really have a favorite Christmas movie. I do love the old classics though....there's just something about Christmas and old movies....Miracle on 34th Street anyone? Or maybe White Christmas? Not a classic, but definitely a golden oldie....Trading Places. What's your favourite?

Think I'll go and get my stitching out and start (re)watching these Christmas movies!

Until next time.....happy blog hopping!

Rhona







13 comments:

Elfie said...

Your Christmas cards are gorgeous, and I adore your 'Joy' ornament. It brought an immediate smile to my face.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. I love the Joy banner, a beautiful decoration to get out each year.
The traditional films are doing well this year, it seems that everyone enjoys a classic at Christmas!

Astrids dragon said...

So many sweet cards, they will be so nice to receive.
Your Joy Cardinal is precious, I don't know that I could put it away after the holidays!
I haven't seen Trading Places in such a long time, I might have to watch that one again.

Katie said...

Oh I love your Joy Cardinal. Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I am just returning to my blog, so didn't quite make the Advent Blog Hop. But I think I'd have to say my favorite "classic" Christmas movie is White Christmas. My favorite all-time favorite would probably be Christmas Vacation. Clark Griswold reminds me a lot of my hubby. Happy stitching! -Andrea

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

So if classics is it the black and white version (with the postal service ending) or the colour version (with the dollar bill ending) you prefer?
I do like the story line of the black and white one better myself much as I appreciate the other.

Ariadne said...

Such a lovely cardinal piece! Have a great time till and at Christmas. AriadnefromGreece!

jocondine said...

Lucky friends who will received those lovely cards. The cardinal is always a great chart for Christmas stitching! xxx

Shelly said...

Your Christmas cards are so pretty. You get to stitch for a little and be done!

DJ said...

I love your Joy banner, I can understand why it makes you smile! Your cards are really sweet too...lucky folks who get one from you! I'm with you, I really like the classic movies! I'm off to see if I can find one, after finally setting up my tree today! Have a Merry Christmas!!

Rachel said...

All of your cards are really sweet and I can see why your banner makes you smile. There's just something about the golds, reds and greens of Christmas which warm the heart. :)

Beth in IL said...

That Joy piece is gorgeous.

Bethan said...

Such lovely Christmas cards! Happy Christmas to you x