Thursday, May 16, 2013

Time for a new look!

I decided to be brave and fiddle around with my blog for a new look. I'm not sure if it's what I want so I may change it again! (Now that I know what to do! lol)

Anyway, I know you're here for some stitchy news so I'll get straight on with it! 

I have managed to squeeze some stitching in this week along with trying to catch up with my course work (nearly there!) Here's my progress on Simple Treasures so far...



I'm still really enjoying this design and can't wait to get a bit more done. I feel like I'm almost at the half way point now, which of course means......time to start thinking of what the next project will be! Hee hee! I've got my eye on a couple of things already....so please, no reminders that I have a Geisha sitting as a UFO.

This month's issue of Card Shop (or maybe it's last months as it takes so long to get here) arrived - but who can complain about a Cross Stitch mag arriving, certainly not me! This was another great read and some more stitching to add to my to-do list. The Polka Dot cards that I was asked to design were in this issue and looked great (even though I say it myself!) stitched on a variety of lovely pastel coloured fabrics.


Cross Stitch Card Shop Issue 90
Immediate media Co.

My wonderful postie also delivered an envelope filled with the samples that I had made for Craftseller magazine. The samples are returned to me after publication and these are the goodies the envelope contained...


A couple of Mother's Day cards...


...with lots of paper layering....



Some cross stitch coasters...


(don't you love it when the sun comes out when your taking pictures!!!)

And finally some key rings that you have seen before, (sun still shining!) 


Phew...after all that, maybe it's time for a cuppa, or maybe it should be iced tea since the sun is still shining!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

13 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful cards and stitching x

Lija Broka said...

Oh no! You know what this means. A need to go and purchase those magazines (lets hope they are not last month's). And I did promise myself to be good. Anyhow, They are lovely, especially the coasters. All of your stitching looks very neat too. Looking forward to the completion of your project and whatever you choose to stitch next.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

Simple Treasures is looking great - congratulations on your designs being published, i especially love the polka dot cards you designed - hugs, Amanda

butterfly said...

Great stitching , Love your new start.

Valma said...

very pretty new look for your blog =)
so sweet
sweet also the goodies received !
your Simple Treasures is growing in a very lovely way, I can understand why you can't wait to get a bit more done =)
happy stitching
xxx

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely new look Rhona! Again huge progress on your cross stitching, I should really work on mine again!!! So many things I'd love to work on & so little free time :(

♥ Nia said...

The new layout looks lovely =) well done ;)
beautiful stitching, I feel summer coming.. even though it's raining outside! lol your work makes me feel the summer breeze :)
Love those cards! 3D effect looks amazing! :D

Sharon said...

Simple Treasures is just lovely!

Lija Broka said...

Was very sad; went to the shop today and the newer craftseller is out so missed the teapot and cup designs. But I did get the Card shop with polka dots. Very exciting. Just need time to stitch, stitch, and stitch now. But it is handy to have these quite simple yet catchy designs, for a quick birthday card emergency.

Deb said...

Love Love Love your Simple Treasures. Well done! Your samples are adorable. Love the layered effect. So nice you get your work sent back to you!

Astrids dragon said...

Your Simple Treasure is simply wonderful so far! I really like the way it looks.

The samples you made look great, how fun that they were in the magazine!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching :D what geisha?

Kate said...

Your x-stitch coasters are quite lovely ... I really like them.