Monday, May 6, 2013

Oooh, I managed some stitching!

Ahhh, bliss.....to sit down with needle in hand and get some stitching done! 

As you may remember I enrolled in an on-line class and I'm a bit behind on my course work and have lots of reading to catch up with, but having been able to relax with my stitching means that I can face The Iliad and (hopefully) answer the test questions correctly this week. Although I'm enjoying this course, it does seriously eat into my stitching time :)

Here's the progress I made on Simple Treasures this weekend...


When I first started stitching the starfish I thought the colours were a bit garish and I was in two minds about substituting them with what I thought would be more appropriate, but now I think it looks great. The blue part underneath the starfish stitched up really quickly as it's half cross stitch so it was wonderful to see it grow so quickly. I'm hoping to be able to get a few stitches completed tonight too.

Today was a good postie day! I can't decide if the best part was the fact that there were no bills or if it was that The World of Cross Stitching was delivered! For this issue, Ruth had asked me to design a set of Russian Doll cards....


 World of Cross Stitching Issue 203
Immediate Media Co.


 World of Cross Stitching Issue 203
Immediate Media Co.

I've no idea who the model stitcher was as The World Of Cross Stitching doesn't credit the stitcher, but whoever she was she did a fab job!

Thank you to everyone who very kindly visited my daughters blog and left comments for her....much appreciated. She was really excited to have received comments form so many different countries. Here's the link one more time if anyone can think of any more superstitions     http://worldobjectsuperstitions.blogspot.com/   thank you!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

12 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Great stitching. I think the starfish looks wonderful as well.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Great progress on your stitching Znd congrats on the article!

butterfly said...

Your stitching is looking great love the star fish.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely stitching Rhona! I actually did finish the star fish on mine!! But that as far as I went... Let's just say it's on hold at the moment :D Lovely little Russian Dolls x

♥ Nia said...

I love those Russian dolls!! So cute =)
Wait.. you made the designs but it's not you on the photo? Is that right?!

cucki said...

Aww sweet stitching...
Big hugs x

Helen Philipps said...

I love Russian dolls, and your stitched designs are really sweet, Rhona!
Helen x

Anne said...

Great job on creating some Matrioushka dolls! They are so sweet! Lovely progress too on your Simple Treasures!

SoCal Debbie said...

Simple Treasures looks wonderful. That orange for the starfish looks accurate to me!

Valma said...

indeed those Russian dolls are very sweet
great designs you made and the stitcher did a very good job
indeed, the mag should sometimes credit the stitcher !! =)
xxxx

Jan Gartlan said...

Congrats on the magazine designing!

Deb said...

Oh oh oh! I have this issue with those wonderful dolls! You did a great job!