Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Mega Mini Month Madness number 5

I have another finish for this week's mega mini challenge. And let me tell you, this one was a challenge to finish! I'm not a fan of stitching white on white and this one seemed to be nearly all white on white, luckily for me it's such a cute design that I was determined to get it finished....



Am I the only stitcher with an aversion to stitching white on white?

This is another Margaret Sherry design and is a sort of companion piece to the one I did for Mega Mini Month Madness number 3. The difference is that I stitched the first one on pale blue aida, but had none left for this design. (Yes, some stash enhancement is definitely called for now :)  )

Not only did I manage to get this piece done, I also managed another felt heart!  I can now score off two things in my Christmas planner.....such a good feeling! Here's the felt heart for this week....




All that needs to be done is the ribbon for hanging.


I'm hoping to maybe squeeze in another small finish before the end of the month.....this challenge has really set my needle on fire!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

19 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your blanket stitches are flawless--a technique I am attempting to learn

Mad about Craft said...

2 lovely finishes!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching :-D

cucki said...

awwwwwww so cute..
lovely stitching my dear..
big hugs x

Anonymous said...

Hello!

This finish is gorgeous, so sweet.
I'm not keen on white on white either x

Pull the other thread said...

Well done on two more amazing finishes. That Polar Bear is such a cutie. I must see of there are charts available of those. They are so sweet.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your two finishes - they are both really sweet. And well done for persevering with white on white in order to complete it. You should be very proud of yourself! :)

Shami Immanuel said...

Cute finishes.

Smily-Света said...

It is so cute! I'd like to stitch one for me also :)

Michelle said...

The felt heart is absolutely beautiful! Very impressed with how neat it is.

The polar bear is so cute! Happy you got through it, it's an absolute delight to look at :)

Mii Stitch said...

2 fabulous finishes!
Love the heart, it is just neat and perfect :)

Preeti said...

Aww such a cute finish:) I am glad to see that you have made most of it from this SAL with lovely finishes every week.
Your felt heart looks beautiful :)

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Great finish! I also really don't like stitching white on white - it makes my eyes go all funny. But it is a beautiful piece and I think it was worth it.

Katie said...

Adorable! No I hate stitching white on white too. But this piece was definitely worth it.

Steph said...

That's a beautiful heart, very sweet stitch too. xox

Diann said...

I dislike stitching white on white-but not as much as I dislike stitching black on black! Your projects came out very well.

Helen Philipps said...

Beautiful stitching! I always love snowy blue and white cross stitch designs too, they seem to capture the icy atmosphere so well! Love your little embroidered heart!
Happy November.
Helen xox

Ruth said...

Oooo -- ototally cute and absolutely beautiful. Congrats. Don't let those firey needles singe your fabric :)

Shebafudge said...

I love your little polar bear, so cute!
I hate stitching white, full stop! It never seems to lay quite right for me. Heavens know why I am stitching my unicorn!