Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Late....but with a good excuse!

I'm a day late in posting and not an awful lot of stitching to show either, but I do have a good reason! Hubby and I decided on the spur of the moment to have a quick trip to Canada. So Wednesday evening we packed our bags so we were all set for an early Thursday morning start and we drove up to Ottawa....what a beautiful city! The weather saw fabulous....we even got a bit of a tan...and we walked for miles! By the time we got back to our hotel room in the evening I was too tired to even think about doing any stitching.

So here are some 'snaps' from our trip.... just scroll down if you want to see the stitching pics

The parliament building which is beautiful inside too. The building will be closing for ten years for renovations!


One of the main halls inside the Parliament...

 The art gallery...

 War memorial...


And to prove that I haven't just used some random pics off the internet, here's a picture of me with the Parliament clock in the background :)

  
And since it was Tulip Fest while we were there, here's the obligatory tulip picture! 

  
And then a tour of the Canadian Mint....who knew they bolted down their gold bars....would still have been hard to run off with a 28lb gold bar in my pocket :)

What a great trip!

So here's the extent of my stitching for last week. Some more of the Fizzy Moon free kit. Just a bit more of the body and then all the white for the daisies. White is not my favourite colour to stitch....it's kind of hard on the eyes unless you have the right light! (For anyone who wants to download the stitching log, please see the previous post)


 ....and some more of the adorable Margaret Sherry kitties...


And for anyone who wonders why I named my blog Tangled Threads, you can just see a bit of the reason in the top right hand corner of the picture above....so here's a closer view!!!


No matter how organized I seem to be, I always end up with a tangle of threads!

Hope your threads end up less tangled than mine!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

10 comments:

Lianne said...

Lovely to see such wonderful pictures of my city. Waving at you from rural south Ottawa! Glad you enjoyed some of what we have to offer. Happy stitching!!!

butterfly said...


Great photos looks like you had a lovely trip .
Lovely stitching too.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Sounds like a lovely trip 😀

Mary said...

Hi, I just became a new follower, you had a great vacation, the Parliament building is stunning and love the photo of all those tulips, nothing says Spring more to me than fields of tulips in bloom. Your kitten stitch is adorable..

My friend RJ and I just started a new blog and if you look at the second post in April it's about storing thread and it's one of the organization systems that works well for me. We would love if you stopped by, Mary@stitchingfriendsforever2

Mii Stitch said...

Looks like you had a great time away.
Pretty little crosses update. I can see the bear coming along.

cucki said...

Wow looks like a sweet trip..
Sweet stitching
Big hugs x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great idea for a last minute holiday! Fizzy is looking sweet, but your threads are giving me the heebie jeebies like that!

RJ said...

Hi Rhona!
What a great trip! It is such a beautiful city. I especially enjoyed reading about your cross stitch log. What a great idea. I definitely need a plan like that. Thanks for stopping by our new blog today. Mary and I were so happy to have you. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Robin in Virginia said...

It looks like you had a fabulous trip. Nice projects you are working on!

Astrids dragon said...

What a great last minute trip, lucky you! Cute picture of you with the gold.
I love your tangles threads, it shows that you're using them!