Monday, May 1, 2017

More strawberries!

This week I have been working on Etudes aux Fraises. But can you believe that I still can't find that one elusive thread colour?  Luckily I have plenty of stitching to continue with before I have to go into panic mode about one single thread colour. I'm hoping that my local craft store will re-stock that colour soon, as I really don't want to have to order it on-line.....I hate paying postage, especially for one single item! 

Here's where I was last time on Etudes aux Fraises ......


....and here's where I am now....


The pictures aren't that great as I had to use the camera on my phone...

  ....but there's progress!



Not only did I work on this design....BUT, I also decide to (maybe!) master the sewing machine! As many of you know, the sewing machine and I are not exactly the best of friends :) But it seems  kind of silly to own the machine and not really use it, soooooo, I bought some fabric  (just a fat quarter....nothing fancy!) and decided to master the sewing machine. Perhaps not one of my better ideas, but I will persist and I will use it.  I found a rather cute idea on Pinterest (where else?!!) of fabric coasters and decide to make some and add a crochet border. So here's where I am at the moment....


....I have actually sewn two......one where I followed the instructions from Pinterest which I didn't really like and the second time I just did my own thing.  Hopefully I can complete this project and end up actually liking my sewing machine! Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the crochet part of this project.

So this week, it will be back to working on the cute kitty design with the dreadful pattern, and trying to master the sewing machine.....wish me luck!


Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona



8 comments:

Bekah said...

Lovely progress. I love the 3D effect from the grey backstitching.

Debbie said...

So pretty...what a lovely piece of work. Debbie x

Mii Stitch said...

The strawberries are coming along beautifully!
You've actually inspired me to work on my geranium one a bit more :)
Good luck with the sewing machine!! I have learnt they can be nasty beasts ;)

Irene said...

bellissimi progressi, le fragole sembrano vere

Mini said...

Strawberries looks so good. Looking fwd to results of your sewing machine adventures.

Helen Philipps said...

The strawberry design is just beautiful, I love it! Well done on your sewing too...you will soon be making all kinds of things now! Have a great weekend.
Helen xox

Justine said...

Your strawberries have really grown! Such an effective stitch. I don't get on with my sewing machine either, good luck making friends with yours!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The strawberries look wonderful, the shading is so lifelike.
You are really challenging yourself with the chart and the sewing machine too! Hope it all works out.