Monday, June 26, 2017

Sunshine and stitching.

With the glorious summer sunshine and long evenings, I haven't been stitching as much as I usually would do. I have been enjoying the company of number one son who is home for a while, so we have been enjoying the time together sitting outside on the patio and just talking.... it's wonderful. Once the mosquitoes begin to descend then we head indoors and I pick up my needle! Here's what I have been working on this past week...


....a free card kit form the world of Cross Stitching magazine...


.....which came with a printed card, and looks really pretty....


....a perfect card for so many different occasions. 

This was another design that I used my Stitching Log to record the thread colours that were in the kit....of course, I forgot to pick it up and put it in the picture! For anyone that would like a free copy of the Stitching Log, click here to read about it and download your very own copy.

The Lakeside Needlecrafts free SAL....


....I still haven't decided what to do with blocks three and four....block six is a stack of teacups.....


I'm planning to get out some old cross stitch magazines to find some Durene Jones designs that would fit into the blocks instead of the lettering designs that are on the chart, but I may end up  doing the design as Durene has intended :) This was a fun SAL, and the details can be found here

I seem to be having some trouble with the emails from my blog. I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment unless you are a 'no reply' blogger, but many of the emails seem to come back as un-deliverable. So if you haven't had a reply from me, I do apologize and just want everyone to know that I do appreciate that you spend a few minutes to leave me a comment. Hopefully I can get this sorted out.

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

11 comments:

Renee said...

Beautiful work! I love watching the updates from this SAL. And your rose is lovely.

(I've had a few email replies come back as undeliverable and then received replies from the person I sent the emails to because they received them after all. I'm not quite sure how that worked - lol! I hope your issues are resolved soon.)

Robin in Virginia said...

Your SAL piece is looking good. What a sweet card you created!

Preeti said...

Lovely card!! The SAL stitching is looking so beautiful.

Stitching Noni said...

Love your pretty rose card finish (I think I have that one in my WIP pile at the moment!) I haven't start Durene's SAL yet but it is on the list of things to stitch next year at this stage. I do like your idea of replacing those squares with something else Durene as designed - I wonder if one of her cupcakes would fit in the square??
hugs x

Irene said...

che bella la cartolina! Anch'io non so come terminare il SAL di Durene

Justine said...

Your card is so pretty! I like your Tea and Cakes SAL. I pretty much gave up at mine as it was taking too much time away from things I want to get finished.

Mii Stitch said...

The card is really pretty. Great progress on the SAL too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the shading on that rose, beautiful.
I think you need a gmail account, Blogger really does not like Yahoo at all.

Brigitte said...

The Tea and Cake SAL piece looks really great. Looking forward to seeing how you will finally finish it.
And wow, such a wonderful rose that you stitched. I do love this card a lot.

Mini said...

Such a lovely card finish. I'm a no reply blogger , if you want you can email me at minizinbox@yahoo.com.

Ana Love Craft said...

Such a beautiful card with a precious stitch! Congrats!
Hope you’re having a great week!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com