Monday, August 14, 2017

Butterflies and blankets!

I have a little finish to show you today and a blast form the past that has been languishing in my crochet basket for, well....I don't even want to think about how long!

Here's what I was stitching throughout the week...


What should have been a relatively quick to stitch design took far longer than it should have! First of all, I managed to mix up the thread colours and sorted what should have been a blue and labeled it as a purple....and if that wasn't bad enough, I picked up the wrong pink and started stitching with it (that's what happens when you're trying to watch Game of Thrones while stitching!) Needless to say the frog was firmly ensconced with me this week.

The end result was worth all the hassle and the muttering under my breath that I did...


Hopefully the frog will move on now and not hang around! If anyone would like him, just let me know....I can post worldwide! :)

I also decided that it was time to finally finish a crochet project that has been in my work basket for way too long. I can't even remember when I started this blanket or the last time I even worked on it! I could look back at this blog and find out, but I think it would be too embarrassing to say.


Anyhoo, when I took it out of the basket I was surprised that it as almost finished....why oh why did I ever abandon it?  Of course, I couldn't remember where I had found the pattern or what size of crochet hook I had used.....yet another reason to never abandon a project half way through. 


Luckily for me, in a rare moment of sensibility, I had purchased enough yarn (Caron Simply Soft) to complete the project so I don't have to worry about finding the right shade of yarn. I think that I have only about three repeats of the wave pattern to get to the length that I want and then find a suitable pattern for the edging. I might even just do a few rows of  just double crochet for the edging so that it doesn't take away from the wave pattern....watch this space!!! 

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona



13 comments:

C Reeder PhxAz said...

The crotchet piece is so beautiful. Can't wait to see it done. What are your plans for it?

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Rhona, I look forward to seeing what you do with your crocheted piece. Those butterflies are absolutely stunning! And the finished card is adorable and really showcases the stitching. Have a great week! Andrea

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

That happens way to often for my liking. Projects just get pushed aside and forgotten.

butterfly said...


Lovely butterflies, and beautiful crochet.

Mary said...

I love the card!! I was a stamper before a stitcher and have tons of supplies to make cards, I need to try and combine the two. Your card is beautiful.

The blanket looks so soft and cuddly, love the colors too.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful blanket you are creating! I really like the color of the yarn you are using. The card you created is lovely.

Astrids dragon said...

The butterflies are adorable, what a great card! But I can't stitch during GoT, I don't want to miss anything!
I love the colours of your blanket, can't wait to see it finished.

RJ said...

Rhona the colors in the crocheted piece is gorgeous. It is so pretty. And I love how colorful and pretty your card came out too. You make the prettiest cards. RJ@stitching friends forever

loulee said...

Your butterflies are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the finished blanket.

Pull the other thread said...

Sorry to hear that pesky frog has been around, love the butterfly finish though. Love this blanket, hope you can get it finished up.

Carol said...

Oh, I just love the color of you crocheted piece, Rhona--that yarn looks so soft and I know it will make a perfect blanket! Lovely butterflies, too! Enjoy your weekend :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The butterfly card is great, I love the cover kits with the purpose-built card mounts included.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Your Finish is just beautiful...wow...I love this.

Your Crochet Afghan is so very pretty...I just finished one earlier this year that I started like clear back in the early 2000. I am so glad that you are finishing this one and thank goodness you got enough yarn to finish your afghan with.

I am getting ready to make another Crochet Afghan out of real pretty colors. I haven't decided on the pattern yet.

Happy Stitching

Happy Crocheting

Linda K