Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Arghhh...no stitching this week!

I'm just back from a looooong road trip! All the way from New York to Alabama. Two days traveling, two days there, and then two days traveling back home....wow! Ah the things we do to see our (grown up) kids :)

I had planned to do some crocheting in the car (cross stitch is just too difficult to do in a moving vehicle!)  My daughter's friend is pregnant so what better to do than some baby clothes....unfortunately I just grabbed the hook that was suggested on the pattern and when I started crocheting , the little cardigan was turning out super tiny, too small for a preemie or even a doll. The cross stitch kit that I had grabbed to work on in the hotel during the evening didn't work out any better....the fabric was tough, the threads seemed really strange and no matter how careful I was, the stitches seemed to be very bumpy and uneven....so I gave up on that too, so I have nothing to show you except some pictures of our trip.

Hubby and son at the riverfront, Montgomery Alabama......


Outside The Legacy Museum (well worth a visit if you're in Montgomery!)....


So much history here........


 Various shots of the capitol building...




The Alabama river....


A wonderful trip and worth all the driving to see our son.

Now to catch up on all the stitching and crafting that I missed last week!

Until next time....happy stitching!


Rhona

4 comments:

Katie said...

Traveling and visiting family is a fantastic reason to miss crafting. Glad you had a good time!

Mary said...

Wow, that's alot of driving Rhona!! Sorry your stitching in the car did not work out. Great travel photos. I have never been to Alabama. Hopefully someday. I have been away myself and have lots of catching up to do. Ihope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mary

RJ said...

We were stationed in Montgomery for a year and I'm familiar with your touring spots. So glad you enjoyed your time there and I know how wonderful it was to see your son. Sorry your crafting in the car did not work out...I hate when that happens. Hope you and your family enjoy turkey day. RJ

FlashinScissors said...

Shame the stitching and crochet didn’t work out for you this time!
What a journey! Loved seeing your photos.
Look forward to seeing your cross stitch when you’ve organised it!
Hugs,
Barbara xx