Monday, May 13, 2019

It's been one of those weeks!

Wow....where did the week go? It was over in a flash and I didn't get much time to stitch.

I guess I must be truly addicted to stitching as it just doesn't feel right to have a day without pulling out the stitching basket and putting in even just a few stitches. Am I the only one that feels like that? 

There were a few nights that I managed to get some stitching time, so, looking on the bright side of things, I did make some progress...

  
Those dark greys on black fabric are a bit boring - you can see why I was so excited to work on brightly coloured small projects the last few weeks. Here's the cardinal design off the q-snaps...


Please forgive the rather crooked picture!  Looking on the bright side of things, I really don't have too much left to do....on the flip side, the bit that's left to do is heavily stitched. Guess there's nothing to do but get the needle and thread out on plod on with it!

Hope you're making better progress than I am!

Until net time....happy stitching!

Rhona



5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I don't understand the question - what is this "day without stitching" you speak of? I have stitched every day since I started my blog in 2011 and probably for most days before that, apart from when I was in hospital having babies. I did take a small kit in with my older son's birth!

The red of the cardinal is stunning against the dull colours though.

Sandra said...

This must be a hard stitch; but oh so worth it. This will be amazing when finished.

Rachel said...

I'm cheering you along with Cardinal; you're not too far off a finish and it really does look fabulous on black. Keep thinking positively that once it is finished you can dive headlong into a colour palette of your choosing. :)

Astrids dragon said...

I haven't been stitching every day as long as Jo has, but as of Jan 1st I have been! So yes, stitch every day if you can and enjoy it!
Your cardinal looks stunning, so close to being finished.

Katie said...

I miss stitching lately. I really miss those stitching filled winter months. I try to work it in but some days just fly by and not one stitch is made.