Monday, May 20, 2019

What a week!

This was not a very productive week for stitching....even although I was told to just sit and not do anything! I had surgery at the beginning of the week and was all set for a few days of doing absolutely nothing but stitching (sounds like heaven, doesn't it?)...I has my stitching basket all prepared, some books to read, my sketch pad with nicely sharpened pencils at the ready....and felt miserable and couldn't concentrate at all. So nothing was done. I did manage to do a few lengths of thread on the cardinal at the weekend when my head seemed to be a bit clearer and I was able to concentrate a bit more.....


So, a little bit more of one of the branches was done...not much....but it all counts and it's just that little bit closer to being finished!

Here's how the whole design looks so far...


On a brighter note, some little buttons that I had ordered (and forgotten about!) arrived....


Aren't they cute?  They are about 1.5 cm in diameter so the perfect size for adding to little cross stitch projects. Can you believe it...... now I want to tackle my finishing pile and use these super-cute buttons....that's a shock isn't it?!

And talking about super-cute.......I have been desperately trying to get some pictures of hummingbird (which I think are super-cute!) and I finally got a picture that I love...


This is a female Ruby-throated Hummingbird who was coming to our feeder. They are so tiny....only about the length of your thumb and weigh only a few grams! Hopefully they will keep coming back to the feeder and I can snap some more pictures.

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona


5 comments:

Ariadne said...

Hope you are feeling better after the surgery. AriadnefromGreece!

Katie said...

I often make plans for stitching filled days and get everything but stitching in. Hope you are back to feeling normal soon. That cardinal piece is just gorgeous. Love the buttons and that pic of the hummingbird is fantastic. Great catch!

Rachel said...

Love love love your hummingbird picture and admire the patience it must have taken to get the perfect shot. How wonderful it must be to have hummingbirds in your garden! Nothing so exotic on my birdfeeder; mainly sparrows and the occasional great/coal/blue tit but then that's about right for my locality.
I hope you're feeling better now and more able to concentrate. Maybe stitching another small project will help? :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hope you're feeling better now, the lovely hummingbird photo must have cheered you up!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Hope you're feeling better. But that is an awesome picture of the hummingbird!