Thursday, June 23, 2011

Guilty Stitching!

Well it's a miserable wet morning here.. a real 'dreich' day as we would say back home in Scotland! Not a good day to have plans for doing anything outside, but it should mean that I can spend some guilt free time stitching! It's true, every cloud has a silver lining!

I've been having major computer and internet problems this last week or so and haven't been able to visit many blogs. Fingers crossed that everything is sorted out and I can come visit with  you all, I miss seeing all that lovely work and hearing about what you have been up to!

Anyhoo, what have I been up to? Well, the Mighty Samurai  seems to have taken a back seat to stitching  sample designs. Luckily I had posted here that one of my goals for June was to have the ground around his feet stitched by the end of the month, and oh boy, is that an incentive to pick up the needle! Here's the progress from last nights guilt ridden stitching!


And would you believe it......I've run out of a third colour! A blue/grey colour that, of course, does not match any of the threads I have in my stash. So, I have written (again) to Dimension's asking for some replacement threads. Hopefully they wont take too long in responding to my plea.

As for the sample stitching I have been working on......it is of course for Tangled Threads which I am hoping to have up and running in the next few months. Exciting!!!!

This is the sample that I am working on at the moment. I'm still fiddling around with the colours so this may not be what the finished card will look like!


I have also done another similar design but in more masculine colours. I really didn't think a 16 year old male would like anything saying 'sweet 16'!! lol  Don't you find that it's really hard to get designs for males? Unless they are into sports, it's almost impossible! So, my question for you today is this....what would you like to stitch for the males in your life. Hopefully, with the help of your suggestions, Tangled Threads will be able to solve those problems!


Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

9 comments:

Vilje Vanilje said...

My man likes musical instruments and space things... But I think a little video gameish samplers fit most males? Pokemon for the youngest and Star Craft or something for those older... And those over thirty would probably like games from their youth, and luckily those are drawn in pics els (?) and are easy to convert to cross stitch.

Margaret said...

The peacock is spectacular! That sweet 16 is adorable! Yes, men's designs are very hard. My son would like something with music -- he's a bass/double bass man.

Unknown said...

Loving your Samuri!! I have one son who loves dogs, and one who loves computers. Hope this helps!!

Justflo said...

Your Mighty Samurai is looking good. I agree it hard to find design for the male. I usually end up looking through books for ideas.

Anne said...

Sigh another colour?!!! OI that's a lot so far for a kitted pattern! Hope you get the threads soon Rhona! Love the lil' sweet 16 pattern! Can't think of something for males. Maybe make the gifts blue/green? Add masculine font?

Sharon said...

Mighty Samurai is looking awesome. I love the sweet 16 piece as I have a daughter turning 16 in just a few months.

Sheila said...

I know the males in my life love anything and everything to do with video games and sci fi movies/shows like Star Wars and Doctor Who. Those are designs that I just don't see.

My Mother In Law From Hell said...

like the card my daughter would love that, well done

Lynn said...

Good progress on the Samurai. I wouldn't feel too guilty about neglecting it though. I think you have your hands full with your other stitching right now.
That Sweet 16 card is adorable!
I have 3 sons and they are all into music. Perhaps a design with a guitar?